Login

strange behaviour in logic

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

strange behaviour in logic

Postby gjm123 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:03 pm

Hi

Ive searched everywhere for an answer but no joy so I hope someone can help me here.

Firstly, with neb running, all my tracks in logic 9 are out of sync by about 4 beats, even those without it on. I know this is down to Neb as it runs fine when I disable it in the AU manager.

Secondly, after about 30 seconds it stutters badly and I get the following message

"error while trying to synchronize audio and midi - sample rate 39881 recognized - check conflict between logic pro and external device"

an odd thing is (using my current track as an example) if I cycle between 193+ 241 is stutters and nearly stops about 217, but if I shorten the cycle to start at 209 it runs through fine.

Im a noob to nebula thanks to AU version (and OMG I dont want to lose it now!!) but not in other aspects and have tried everything I know.

Im running logic 9.1.3 on mac pro 2.66 dual-core intel xeon with apogee duet

Any suggestions from you wise neb heads would be very much appreciated.

Thanks
Greg
gjm123
User Level I
User Level I

Re: strange behaviour in logic

Postby gjm123 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:02 pm

update: Ive narrowed the sync problem down to the free Tape plex setting that I downloaded. Take that off and the sync returns to normal. Very odd and a shame as it sounds great.

Im now pretty sure the sample rate error is also NOT a nebula problem so ill have to look elsewhere for that
gjm123
User Level I
User Level I

Postby edbilleaud » Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:22 pm

IME, when this happens, do a reset of core audio by changing for example the buffer settings and saving the change. If that doesn't do it, then a reboot or even a complete power cycle usually will work. It just seems that sometimes Logic loses sync with the A/D/A device and must be "reset".
Not related to Nebula as far as I can tell.
edbilleaud
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Postby gjm123 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:39 pm

Hi, thanks for your reply. I did try changing the buffer settings, I tried everything to be honest, including reloading the duet driver but with no joy. Im not sure what you mean by a complete power cycle though? If you could let me know I will try. Thanks
gjm123
User Level I
User Level I

Postby edbilleaud » Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:45 am

gjm123 wrote:Hi, thanks for your reply. I did try changing the buffer settings, I tried everything to be honest, including reloading the duet driver but with no joy. Im not sure what you mean by a complete power cycle though? If you could let me know I will try. Thanks

That means unpower everything, wait at least 30 seconds, and power everything back up. Often clears up problems.
edbilleaud
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Return to Working with Nebula