Login

Location of Nebulatemprepository Folder

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Location of Nebulatemprepository Folder

Postby bharris » Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:54 pm

Hi Everybody,

I tried yesterday to install Nebula3Pro so that I can run it to generate my SER file. I have a laptop and an external hard drive on which I usually install my samples. I installed the Nebula plug-in on my laptop, but listed my external hard drive as the location for the "nebulatemprepository" folder. When I ran Nebula in Reaper, however, I received an error when trying to load a library, and there is no SER file in the nebulatemprepository folder. Do I need to install the plug in on the same drive as the nebulatemprepository folder? Please help!

Thanks,

Brett
bharris
User Level II
User Level II

Re: Location of Nebulatemprepository Folder

Postby mathias » Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:25 pm

did you reconnect your external drive inbetween?
sometimes they change drive-letters.
if so, nebula will not find it under the programmed path.

if you want to be safe in this respect, you should install the repository-folder on the internal harddrive.

in the vst-folder, where the nebula dll files are, there is an xml-file for the dll. you can open it and lok if the path is correctly written in there. if not, change it to the right location of your repository. there are two xml-files, one for nebula and one for nebula reverb.

good luck,
mathias
system 1: windows 8 32 bit - samplitude prox, tracktion6, reaper
system 2: mac osx yosemite - reaper(32+64bit), tracktion6(32+64bit)

both systems on: macbook pro (late 2009), core 2 duo 3,06 ghz, 4 gb ram, graphic: nvidia geforce 9600M GT 512 MB
mathias
Expert
Expert

Postby enriquesilveti » Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:39 pm

Hello bharris. Flexibility implies complexity? This is the Acustica Audio paradigm! Conside my D: as your external HDD
Attachments
WorkingWithExternalDrives.jpg
WorkingWithExternalDrives.jpg (225.99 KiB) Viewed 780 times
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support.

MBP 11.5 (i7-4870 | 16 GB | 512 SDD)
SP4 (i5-6300 | 8 GB | 256 SDD)
UFX | Lyra2 | USBPre2
VM U15 | VM Win10 | VM OSX 10.12
N4/NAT4 | SPX3 | RX5 | LN2C | Smaart8 | R5 | PT12 | PX10 | NIK5
enriquesilveti
Expert
Expert

Postby bharris » Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:09 am

enriquesilveti wrote:Hello bharris. Flexibility implies complexity? This is the Acustica Audio paradigm! Conside my D: as your external HDD

Hi Everyone,

Thank you for your help so far. I checked my .xml file in the VST folder, and it does, in fact, point to my external HDD (G, for me). However, when I try to load Nebula in Reaper, it is still giving me an error - specifically, the Acustica loader ver. 1.3.413 says "Program #0 not valid" for step #8 - every other step (1-7) says "OK". Any other ideas that you have to help would be very much appreciated!

Thanks again,

Brett
bharris
User Level II
User Level II

Postby enriquesilveti » Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:53 am

However, when I try to load Nebula in Reaper, it is still giving me an error - specifically, the Acustica loader ver. 1.3.413 says "Program #0 not valid" for step #8 - every other step (1-7) says "OK". Any other ideas that you have to help would be very much appreciated!

Acustica Audio Products Key F.A.Q.
http://www.acustica-audio.com/forum/ind ... =viewtopic

Problem type 4: Nebula freezes in step 8 and loader shows Program #0 not valid.
Trouble: You installed a setup but never installed a correct key. You are running a commercial product in demo mode that has an expiration date. You did not realize it due you only use 3rd commercial emulation presets that are not protected by any KEY or you use emulation presets that not have protection system.
Solution: Install your KEY if you have it. If you don't have one you should reinstall a setup and upgrade, generate you .SER file and send to Acustica Audio. Install the your KEY after receive it from Acustica Audio. If reinstalling a setup change you .SER file you might request a new KEY. If the setup is too old you must download a newer/updated one from download section.

Nebula Program #0 Not Valid (here): http://www.acustica-audio.com/forum/ind ... =viewtopic
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support.

MBP 11.5 (i7-4870 | 16 GB | 512 SDD)
SP4 (i5-6300 | 8 GB | 256 SDD)
UFX | Lyra2 | USBPre2
VM U15 | VM Win10 | VM OSX 10.12
N4/NAT4 | SPX3 | RX5 | LN2C | Smaart8 | R5 | PT12 | PX10 | NIK5
enriquesilveti
Expert
Expert

Postby bharris » Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:28 pm

Looks like I tried to install Nebula for the first time right when the issue with the setup and update files expiring hit. I downloaded the new versions of these files and will try to install again after work - hopefully this will allow me to generate the SER file and get this started.

Thanks!
bharris
User Level II
User Level II

Return to Working with Nebula