Login

Using Nebula in MONO in Logic Pro

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Using Nebula in MONO in Logic Pro

Postby johnnylima » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:18 am

Why is there only stereo version of Nebula available for Logic? Or am I doing something wrong. I'd like to be able to take a Mono track, bounce in place (render), and not have it be rendered as a stereo track. Is that possible with the AU beta of Nebula?
johnnylima
User Level 0
User Level 0

Re: Using Nebula in MONO in Logic Pro

Postby TranscendingMusic » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:30 am

Is Logic able to switch between mono channel and stereo channel? This should be able to be handled by your DAW. The stereo/mono switch in Nebula is regarding how the audio is processed internally.
mixing | mastering
Win 10 x64 | Sonar Platinum x64 | 3930K(OC)
TranscendingMusic
Expert
Expert

Postby johnnylima » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:46 am

I'll have to give that a shot. There is an option to turn a stereo track to mono. I was just wondering if I didn't install it correctly because I have no option for a Mono Nebula for a Mono track. My only option in Logic is a stereo version regardless if it's inserted on a mono track.
johnnylima
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby TranscendingMusic » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:54 am

Yea the rendering should "follow" the DAW's rules. So if you want to process your track and to remain as a mono waveform, set your DAW to do so. [I'm not an experienced Logic user however]
mixing | mastering
Win 10 x64 | Sonar Platinum x64 | 3930K(OC)
TranscendingMusic
Expert
Expert

Postby dpclarkson » Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:05 am

I really hope to have a mono insert as well.
This is essential for mixing.
Will it be implemented in the official release?
dpclarkson

Postby giancarlo » Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:34 am

I don't know... I tried to solve it but it seems like the plug is still as mono -> stereo plug-in. I even asked in a developer forum. I hope someone will have a clue about that.
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby markham » Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:56 am

This is kind of a workaround for the end-user, but if you hold down the 'option' key (same as the 'alt' key) while inserting a plugin in the slot, it should force a stereo instance to be a mono instance. It'll be fairly obvious what's going on when you select this.

It sounds like on a coding level Nebula just isn't presenting itself as having the option to be a mono plug to Logic.

I can't test all this myself yet, but hopefully by the end of the week I'll have Nebula 3 Free running, and I can check then.
markham
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby giancarlo » Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:17 pm

markham wrote:This is kind of a workaround for the end-user, but if you hold down the 'option' key (same as the 'alt' key) while inserting a plugin in the slot, it should force a stereo instance to be a mono instance. It'll be fairly obvious what's going on when you select this.

It sounds like on a coding level Nebula just isn't presenting itself as having the option to be a mono plug to Logic.

I can't test all this myself yet, but hopefully by the end of the week I'll have Nebula 3 Free running, and I can check then.

well, that's kind of weird, since AUlab recognizes nebula as "mono". Now Aulab and logic are apple products...
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby dpclarkson » Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:29 pm

Ok, Giancarlo was so kind to send me the latest AU-version,
and it appears also as mono in Logic 9! 8-)
The only thing I suspect is that the AU version needs a bit
more resources than the VST-wrapped version, am I right?
When using it with a controller (Motormix or Nocturn), the mix-faders do not respond to 'pot-pickup'.
Other than that, it seems to work fine, although I haven't test it on a full mix yet.
dpclarkson

Postby atificial » Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:48 pm

Hi,

Is there any chance I can get a hold of the AU version of the Nebula 3 Pro?

I bought Nebula 3 Pro using my dad's email account, but have had issues with the VST to AU wrapping. As a result I have not been able to generate a *.ser file.
atificial
User Level 0
User Level 0

Next

Return to Working with Nebula