Login

AlexB homepage and copy protection is driving me insane

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

AlexB homepage and copy protection is driving me insane

Postby Stolle » Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:34 pm

Like the thread title says I'm getting so utterly fed up with the copy protection and the homepage of AlexB. My computer crashed which forced me to buy a new hard drive and re-install all my music software. All the other libraries are working out but the ones from AlexB are a nightmare. Searching my old mails gives me passwords for the RAR-files that doesn't work. Trying to access the customer area of his homepage doesn't work. I enter my username and password and it asks me again for my username and password. No matter how many times I enter them I can't enter it.

What the heck is going on?`Why make such a hassle for paying customers? Surely there must be a better way?

EDIT: It turns out that analoginthebox will be probably be a hassle too since the download was only working for 24 hours. Damn... kids, don't let your hard drive die without a safety copy of your entire nebulatempository folder. I hate computers right now! I'm going back to cassette.
Stolle
User Level VI
User Level VI

Re: AlexB homepage and copy protection is driving me insane

Postby Mercado_Negro » Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:14 pm

Alex removed the copy protection a long time ago.

His site never gives problems here

AITB's downloads work 1 time, you can always ask again for a new link, no hassle in that it is just to prevent abuse, that's all.

Relax.
i7 3770k :: Asus P8H77-V LE :: 16Gb DDR3 @1600MHz :: Geforce GT 520 :: OCZ-Vertex 128Gb :: WD Black Series 1Tb and Green Series 1Tb :: F*******e Liquid56 :: REAPER 64bit and StudioOne 64bit (both latest versions) :: Win 10 64bit
Mercado_Negro
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby Stolle » Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:19 pm

But the RAR-files still need a password. For some reason the password for each RAR-file no longer works. And further.. I have my log in information from numerous mails from Alex. For some reason I just can't log on to the customer section of his homepage. I've tried both with Firefox and explorer. It just asks me again and again for the log in information. Have you tried it today and it works?
Stolle
User Level VI
User Level VI

Postby analoginthebox.com » Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:21 pm

EDIT: It turns out that analoginthebox will be probably be a hassle too since the download was only working for 24 hours.

Just one mouseclick and you can re-download.
I can't see your name or e-mail address on this forum, so just drop me a PM / Email, whatever you prefer.
analoginthebox.com
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby rrrobo » Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:26 pm

His site never gives problems here

??
rrrobo
User Level V
User Level V

Postby Mercado_Negro » Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:41 pm

Stolle wrote:But the RAR-files still need a password. For some reason the password for each RAR-file no longer works. And further.. I have my log in information from numerous mails from Alex. For some reason I just can't log on to the customer section of his homepage. I've tried both with Firefox and explorer. It just asks me again and again for the log in information. Have you tried it today and it works?

Send him a mail, maybe it's just a problem with the information you had in those mails (probably he changed it, dunno). Talk to him, you both will figure it out :)
i7 3770k :: Asus P8H77-V LE :: 16Gb DDR3 @1600MHz :: Geforce GT 520 :: OCZ-Vertex 128Gb :: WD Black Series 1Tb and Green Series 1Tb :: F*******e Liquid56 :: REAPER 64bit and StudioOne 64bit (both latest versions) :: Win 10 64bit
Mercado_Negro
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby Stolle » Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:46 pm

Whoa! Analoginthebox.. that was quick! Thanks a lot for the quick reply.

And of course, I can see this from a developers view too and I can sympathise with the effort of protecting your hard work. It's just a little tiresome when copy protection gets in the way of the paying customer. But I guess that is the harsh reality we're in. Now I'm all better. I'll be able to do awesome sounds with just analoginthebox and CSsoundmaster for now. But I am worried that I can't access Alex' homepage. Is it just me?

EDIT: OT ramblings.. there isn't enough talk about the fate eq on this forum. I can't understand why. It's absolutely great. Since Alex released his 73 eq it doesn't get mentioned. To my ears it's very much an open question which sounds best. No clear winner. They both sound brilliant.
Stolle
User Level VI
User Level VI

Postby Mercado_Negro » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:24 pm

Stolle wrote:But I am worried that I can't access Alex' homepage. Is it just me?

I've had those problems in the past but just because I purchased programs with another account and it was a pain for Alex to track my data down. It was all good again when I contacted him, in a few hours I was downloading again.

Btw, the password for the Rars are there in your user area, once you log in (whenever you can) you'll see them.

Stolle wrote:EDIT: OT ramblings.. there isn't enough talk about the fate eq on this forum. I can't understand why. It's absolutely great. Since Alex released his 73 eq it doesn't get mentioned. To my ears it's very much an open question which sounds best. No clear winner. They both sound brilliant.

The Fate EQ is awesome, I'd say it is a "cleaner" version while AlexB's "dirtier".
Mercado_Negro
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby Stolle » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:28 pm

Thanks for the helpful advice Mercado!
I'm sure it'll work out in awhile. I did mail him as per your advice. Perhaps I over-reacted. :) I was a little bit frustrated after having wasted an hour trying various passwords in my mails from Alex. There has been so many version. Version 1, version 2 and then the pro one. Hard to keep up. But it's good to know he's striving for perfection.
Stolle
User Level VI
User Level VI

Postby analoginthebox.com » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:29 pm

No clear winner. They both sound brilliant.

Well, IMHO there CAN be no winner.
Different sampling chain/converters, different sampling method & gain staging and most important:
Hardware doesn't sound the same.
analoginthebox.com
User Level XI
User Level XI

Next

Return to Working with Nebula