Login

Organizing the presets in user-defined categories

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Re: Organizing the presets in user-defined categories

Postby burnsound » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:18 pm

Bob-

Thanks for your help. What you recommended seems to work. Except if I trash the Temp folder again, after reorganizing, the files will be recreated with their original category designations.

Looks like this is a limitation of Nebula, for the time being.
burnsound
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Postby TranscendingMusic » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:41 pm

burnsound wrote:Bob-

Thanks for your help. What you recommended seems to work. Except if I trash the Temp folder again, after reorganizing, the files will be recreated with their original category designations.

Looks like this is a limitation of Nebula, for the time being.

Yes unfortunately, being restricted to this method relegates the "CAT" to the official assigned category that was done during the creation/sampling process. But you are very welcome
mixing | mastering
Win 10 x64 | Sonar Platinum x64 | 3930K(OC)
TranscendingMusic
Expert
Expert

Postby enriquesilveti » Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:17 am

Nebula is complex and flexible....

1. Flow "The Nebula tip of the month (#6 - November 2010)" http://www.acustica-audio.com/forum/ind ... opic#p6537 and create a Nebula EQ version (from Reverb DLL)
2. Edit Nebula EQ XML file and change <SCANBOOT> 1 </SCANBOOT> to <SCANBOOT> 0 </SCANBOOT>
3. Go to Nebula3TempRepository > Setups and open/edit ~scanboot.xml file, save as EQ.xml
4. Edit EQ.xml and remove all emulation presets that you don't want to see in Nebula EQ, save.
5. Load Nebula EQ version and go to DISK page. Use MIX2 fader/knob to select EQ.xml rom setup and click on load.

On my example I use only MMQ EQ from ATIB.

* Favorites EPs and easy editable ROM will be developed fro Nebula browser (please don't ask about when will be released)
Attachments
UsingRomInN3P.jpg
UsingRomInN3P.jpg (530.88 KiB) Viewed 705 times
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support.

MBP 11.5 (i7-4870 | 16 GB | 512 SDD)
SP4 (i5-6300 | 8 GB | 256 SDD)
RME UFX | PS Lyra2 | SD USBPre2
VM U15 | VM W10 | VM OSX 10.12
N4/NAT4 | SPX3 | RX5 | LN2C | Smaart8 | R5 | PT12 | PX10
enriquesilveti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby rrrobo » Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:49 am

Yeah this is a real problem. The only way I've found to make the changes stick is to do it through the Nebula interface (EDIT / SAVE etc), but you have to do each program individually and it takes so much effort it's almost not worth doing...

I'm on Mac but I'd be interested in hearing how to do this through NAT as I can copy the progs to PC to make the changes (if it's possible that way).

Cheers
rrrobo
User Level V
User Level V

Postby pitchben » Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:23 pm

enriquesilveti wrote:Nebula is complex and flexible....

1. Flow "The Nebula tip of the month (#6 - November 2010)" http://www.acustica-audio.com/forum/ind ... opic#p6537 and create a Nebula EQ version (from Reverb DLL)
2. Edit Nebula EQ XML file and change <SCANBOOT> 1 </SCANBOOT> to <SCANBOOT> 0 </SCANBOOT>
3. Go to Nebula3TempRepository > Setups and open/edit ~scanboot.xml file, save as EQ.xml
4. Edit EQ.xml and remove all emulation presets that you don't want to see in Nebula EQ, save.
5. Load Nebula EQ version and go to DISK page. Use MIX2 fader/knob to select EQ.xml rom setup and click on load.

On my example I use only MMQ EQ from ATIB.

* Favorites EPs and easy editable ROM will be developed fro Nebula browser (please don't ask about when will be released)

thanks for the tip!
is there any way to avoid having to load your .xml file at the disk page every time you open the according plugin again?
pitchben
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby enriquesilveti » Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:29 pm

i
s there any way to avoid having to load your .xml file at the disk page every time you open the according plugin again?

Just edit Master XML but always fist EP should be INIT if not Nebula will crash...
Enrique Silveti.

enriquesilveti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby pitchben » Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:26 pm

enriquesilveti wrote:i
s there any way to avoid having to load your .xml file at the disk page every time you open the according plugin again?

Just edit Master XML but always fist EP should be INIT if not Nebula will crash...

by Master XML you mean rom.xml?
I actually want to create one plugin each for the alexb libraries I have (also with the according skins).
pitchben
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby enriquesilveti » Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:34 pm

<PROGRAMSUBPATH> Programs/ </PROGRAMSUBPATH>
<VECTORSUBPATH> Vectors/ </VECTORSUBPATH>
<SETUPSUBPATH> Setups/ </SETUPSUBPATH>
<CACHESUBPATH> Temp/ </CACHESUBPATH>
<SKINSUBPATH> Skins/ </SKINSUBPATH>
<SETUPROMNAME> Rom.xml </SETUPROMNAME>
<WORKBUFFER> 131072 </WORKBUFFER>
<DSPBUFFER> 8192 </DSPBUFFER>
Enrique Silveti.

enriquesilveti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

This is a problem for me

Postby Henry Olonga » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:31 pm

HEy guys - This is a problem for me. I have 37 Categories now. My EQs have been relegated to the twenties and this scrolling with a tiny little arrow to click is gonna give me carpel tunnel syndrome every time I want to use an EQ preset. I know this has been asked already but I would like to know this plainly as it is obscure in the threads.

Simple request please - How can I get the most used categories to be at the top of the preset browser? If this is too difficult then I think the developers need to make this a priority as once someone has bought all the 3rd party presets it gets ridiculous and gets in the way of my workflow.

Editing every preset is not something I am interested in neither making a DLL for each type of effect. Anyone have a straight answer? :?:
Henry Olonga
Expert
Expert

Re: This is a problem for me

Postby TranscendingMusic » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:06 pm

h-man wrote:HEy guys - This is a problem for me. I have 37 Categories now. My EQs have been relegated to the twenties and this scrolling with a tiny little arrow to click is gonna give me carpel tunnel syndrome every time I want to use an EQ preset. I know this has been asked already but I would like to know this plainly as it is obscure in the threads.

Simple request please - How can I get the most used categories to be at the top of the preset browser? If this is too difficult then I think the developers need to make this a priority as once someone has bought all the 3rd party presets it gets ridiculous and gets in the way of my workflow.

Editing every preset is not something I am interested in neither making a DLL for each type of effect. Anyone have a straight answer? :?:

I tried to implement a standard 8-) buuuut, well... :roll:
http://www.acustica-audio.com/forum/ind ... =viewtopic
mixing | mastering
Win 10 x64 | Sonar Platinum x64 | 3930K(OC)
TranscendingMusic
Expert
Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Working with Nebula