Login

Question about rendering buss channels

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Question about rendering buss channels

Postby Johnkenn » Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:30 am

I'm in Cubase and I'm wondering if I can render the MBC to my buss channels. In Cubase, you can select the region on audio channels and then process the MBC on the channel. You can't do that on busses as there aren't any regions so to speak of. I guess I could bounce it down to an audio file, but I don't really want to do that. I've been running my busses in realtime, but it's eating up my CPU...Any thoughts?
Johnkenn
User Level I
User Level I

Re: Question about rendering buss channels

Postby Grim » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:34 pm

Hi.

I don't think there is any option other than rendering to a new file.
Switching off the plug will save cpu but I think you need to remove it completely to free up any ram.

It's my least favourite part of Nubulizing & I sometimes end up leaving things I might otherwise have tweaked because I can't be bothered to go back to the unbounced tracks & re-insert all the plugs.
My 64bit i7 is being built now & I'm hoping with this I can achieve enough instances to mix in realtime.
(Though of course it will never be enough.....the more we get the more we want :roll: )
Grim

Postby bottom1 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:08 pm

Maybe this will help...

In Cubase, go to the device connections tab

Add Stereo Output... Do not assign any Hardware Outputs to the Stereo Output you just created...

Next, set the Output of your Stereo Buss to the Output you just created...

Now, Add a New Audio Stereo Track...

For the input of the New Stereo track choose the Output you have routed your Stereo Buss to...

Next, click on the Monitor and Record buttons of the newly created Audio Stereo Track...

Rewind your Session to the very beginning of the Song, or the part you want to print to the new track...

Press Play/Record on the Transport (turn off Cycle)... Kick Back and listen while playback is going on, or take a short break for the duration of your Song...

Once done... Move all Tracks that you have just Summed to the Stereo Buss to a Folder (which I usually name Summed or Done), and mute the Folder...

Now all your Audio that was routed to Stereo Buss should be Processed and Internally Summed to the New Stereo Audio Track...

Works for both Stereo or Mono...

PS - Like all Summing, make sure your happy with all the Automation etc...

Hope this helps...
bottom1
User Level V
User Level V

Postby Grim » Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:14 pm

I may be missing something but opening export audio mixdown, selecting the group channel (or multiple channels) & exporting to a new track seems to me to do the same thing more easily & with the option of faster, non-realtime processing??

This is in Cubase 5.
Grim

Postby bottom1 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:22 pm

It's the same... some people prefer MEAP to C5 export function... I find rendering my audio in real time forces me to listen/use my ears... That's just me tho... Fortunately, my days of quick mixes and fast turnaround are few and far between... Rendering is great... it's just not for me... I use a lot of outboard gear... so I'm pretty use to it.
bottom1
User Level V
User Level V

Return to Working with Nebula