Login

Nebula server and Nebula local server

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Re: Nebula server and Nebula local server

Postby TranscendingMusic » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:47 pm

TranscendingMusic wrote:The only thing is if you are a Sonar user you may have to wait longer to use server/client. I did beta testing for it with Vista 64 Sonar 64 8.5.3. Sonar has one small issue with buffering audio data which obviously includes data in a network. For 1 instance of a nebula client in Sonar, Sonar CPU jumped to 15%. Doubles with a 2nd instance, so on and so forth. There is a thread about this buffering issue at the Cakewalk forum. Not exactly about networking and buffering data but certain samplers or VSTi's that when used in other DAW's don't show the same DAW CPU usage. Meanwhile, windows resources are intact, at about 1% for the same example above. I was waiting for anybody else who possible beta testd with Sonar to chime in but I haven't heard anything. At this point, I feel strongly it's a Sonar issue, something Cakewalk has to fix, unfortunately.

Still investigating this, although cakewalk support is not supportive. Anyway I'm wondering for those who tested the client server, did you use onboard LAN card or a 3rd party one, possibly in PCI?
mixing | mastering
Win 10 x64 | Sonar Platinum x64 | 3930K(OC)
TranscendingMusic
Expert
Expert

Postby enriquesilveti » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:19 am

Onboard here, but thinking in buy PCI/PICe.
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support.

MBP 11.5 (i7-4870 | 16 GB | 512 SDD)
SP4 (i5-6300 | 8 GB | 256 SDD)
UFX | Lyra2 | USBPre2
VM U15 | VM Win10 | VM OSX 10.12
N4/NAT4 | SPX3 | RX5 | LN2C | Smaart8 | R5 | PT12 | PX10 | NIK5
enriquesilveti
Expert
Expert

Postby TranscendingMusic » Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:58 pm

enriquesilveti wrote:Onboard here, but thinking in buy PCI/PICe.

Hmm and a few others onboard as well who were successful with this. So all signs still point to Sonar. Here's what we know so far:
When using "normal" Nebula, the Sonar CPU and the task manager CPU are normal.
When using 1 instance of client-server with 2 pc's, crossover cable,
Sonar CPU spikes to about 18%, task manager CPU may be 1%, NAT monitor about 1%. Network utilization in task manager however at about 12%.
If its an audio buffering issue with Sonar, may be that network utilization is tied in with Sonar's high CPU. Thats why the idea came to me that maybe it's because of onboard LAN, but this idea is slowly fading too.
mixing | mastering
Win 10 x64 | Sonar Platinum x64 | 3930K(OC)
TranscendingMusic
Expert
Expert

Postby kpbenoit » Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:13 pm

Hey everyone. I'm still a relatively new user and a first-time poster to this forum (using Mac OSX with Logic 9 so I had been on the sidelines until the AU version was recently released). I'm loving it so far. A mixed Mac/PC solution with Nebula server would be absolutely awesome. Hope to see this soon.
kpbenoit
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby Arne » Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:57 am

One of the main challenges when running Nebula on 32bit DAW hosts are DAW`s RAM limitation. So far I have successfully used jBridge to avoid the RAM limitation. However, I welcome a more stable technology (locally or network driven). Being able to run Nebula plugins over LAN with acceptable latency would be awesome, especially when running extensive console emulations.

An early access to the local server and network server would be appreciated :-) I will for sure test it and provide valuable feedback to developers.
Arne
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby giancarlo » Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:55 pm

currently working on that. Nebulaserver already works as a service in windows os, but I'm adding it also as system tray application
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby scooled » Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:58 am

A little confused (probably missed it) is this available yet? Curious because I really need to find something also looking into the Reaper solution but would rather give this a shot.
Regards,
scooled
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby enriquesilveti » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:47 am

Developing and beta testing. No alpha testing right now.
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support.

MBP 11.5 (i7-4870 | 16 GB | 512 SDD)
SP4 (i5-6300 | 8 GB | 256 SDD)
UFX | Lyra2 | USBPre2
VM U15 | VM Win10 | VM OSX 10.12
N4/NAT4 | SPX3 | RX5 | LN2C | Smaart8 | R5 | PT12 | PX10 | NIK5
enriquesilveti
Expert
Expert

Postby giancarlo » Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:54 pm

implemented nebulaserver windows based on system tray. Fixing bugs for pipes mode. We'll implement sidechaning - ONLY in server versions!
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby david1103 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:47 pm

am i correct that nebulaserver windows based on system tray is for running on the same machine that your DAW is running on? no networking or 2nd computer needed?

also, is it possible to run nebula server (system tray version) in windows 7 x64 and let it serve to cubase 32bit running on the same PC? would this enable cubase 32bit to access as much memory as it wants via the server program, or would it still be limited as a 32bit application?

if it did that i would be well up for it, no need for me to upgrade to cubase 6 then for 64bit support :)

when do you hope to release this new version?

cheers :D
david1103
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

PreviousNext

Return to Working with Nebula