Login

Nebula server and Nebula local server

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Re: Nebula server and Nebula local server

Postby gbevin » Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:42 pm

giancarlo wrote:no, the libraries should be installed on servers, not on clients (so programs are located on the remote server). There is a better integration and there are several advantages (resource optimization, for example). Server is a server, you don't need sequencers or audio card there.

Hmmm, that means that you probably still have to install on both locations. There are situations where you don't want to use the server, for example when mixing on a remote location or for smaller projects. In that case you don't really want the overhead of going to other machines. So you'll end up installing on all clients and on all servers.

How are multiple servers going to be handled?
gbevin
User Level II
User Level II

Postby futur2 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:47 pm

giancarlo wrote:no, the libraries should be installed on servers, not on clients (so programs are located on the remote server). There is a better integration and there are several advantages (resource optimization, for example). Server is a server, you don't need sequencers or audio card there.

stupid question, but do i need a monitor connected to the server or can i visually control everything from my DAW?
futur2

Postby Garlu » Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:24 pm

futur2 wrote:
stupid question, but do i need a monitor connected to the server or can i visually control everything from my DAW?

You could use Microsoft Remote Desktop Connection. It´s free and compatible with windows and mac platforms. You would have a small application that shows your server screen, sharing also the mouse and the keyboard. It´s pretty handy because you would use your same system just to control the server one. There are more programs like that, so, check them out.

Best,

Garlu
Garlu
User Level I
User Level I

Postby futur2 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:31 pm

Garlu wrote:
futur2 wrote:

You could use Microsoft Remote Desktop Connection. It´s free and compatible with windows and mac platforms. You would have a small application that shows your server screen, sharing also the mouse and the keyboard. It´s pretty handy because you would use your same system just to control the server one. There are more programs like that, so, check them out.

Best,

Garlu

some years ago i tried all programs available at that time and none did it for me :(
futur2

Postby giancarlo » Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:07 pm

from your daw on windows systems
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby ericus » Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:14 pm

Bring it on Gian! :mrgreen:
ericus

Postby deework » Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:15 am

I would be interested in the lan server , price at 99 seems too expensive for me as it's just a nebula extension and not something really new to my eyes (i use 3D and video packages at work and severs softwares are included).

I would like to ask you a question about connections Giancarlo.
Is there a kind of "connection manager" in it ? i mean a local software that can check, show, meter, repair, change, replace, dispatch the process on all the server farm ?

exemples :
- i need to change a crashed server when working, could i interchange connections to another computer ?
- my Lan is dead, could i open my project with local libraries instead ? (an automatic feature in FX telePORT vst)
- i would like to open my project and disable servers just for editing without effects outside of the studio.. can i save the project without deleted the missing nebula server instances ?

thx :)
deework
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby enriquesilveti » Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:49 pm

Nebula Server in working in LAN.
Attachments
NebulaServerLANx86x86WXP.jpg
NebulaServerLANx86x86WXP.jpg (357.97 KiB) Viewed 594 times
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support.

MBP 11.5 (i7-4870 | 16 GB | 512 SDD)
SP4 (i5-6300 | 8 GB | 256 SDD)
UFX | Lyra2 | USBPre2
VM U15 | VM Win10 | VM OSX 10.12
N4/NAT4 | SPX3 | RX5 | LN2C | Smaart8 | R5 | PT12 | PX10 | NIK5
enriquesilveti
Expert
Expert

Postby ericus » Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:55 am

You big teaser..... :twisted:
ericus

Postby Anthony » Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:43 am

So it is possible (should be) to use ethernet crossover cable when connecting two computers (Nebula server system), without any switch - as someone already asked, but didn't get an answer?
Anthony
User Level I
User Level I

PreviousNext

Return to Working with Nebula