Login

AlexB Precision Panner... Why?

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

AlexB Precision Panner... Why?

Postby woeischris » Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:19 pm

What exactly is the purpose of this and what's the benefit of using it VS the built-in pan function of my DAW?
woeischris

Re: AlexB Precision Panner... Why?

Postby Grim » Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:57 am

Think this is covered in more detail in other posts but using it can give an improved stereo image (wider, deeper??)

It only works on stereo tracks or groups though so I find it impractical working with mainly mono tracks & I think the improvement is very subtle. (Sure someone will disagree with this :) )
Grim

Postby Mercado_Negro » Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:35 am

The difference is not so subtle for me: better definition and a bit wider stereo image. This is one of the main differences between Nebula and all 'console' emulators out there: versatility. Once you start using these programs for panning as well as inputs, preamps, groups and mixbusses you start noticing that spending money on something else is quite pointless. The quality and results are quite beyond all current options in the market, in my opinion.

I'd strongly suggest you to try it for yourself. I use REAPER and this is quite easy to set up there because we have no different track types so I just split my stereo tracks in 2 tracks and add one instance on each, hard L/R.

Cheers
i7 3770k :: Asus P8H77-V LE :: 16Gb DDR3 @1600MHz :: Geforce GT 520 :: OCZ-Vertex 128Gb :: WD Black Series 1Tb and Green Series 1Tb :: F*******e Liquid56 :: REAPER 64bit and StudioOne 64bit (both latest versions) :: Win 10 64bit
Mercado_Negro
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby woeischris » Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:32 pm

Interesting. Any idea of how to do this in Cubase/Nuendo?
woeischris

Postby Grim » Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:48 am

In Cubase or Nuendo is a real pain which is why I say it's impractical for me.....either you need to render all tracks requiring panning as stereo files or assign them to stereo groups...very quickly becomes a headache :(

Unless anyone knows a better way??
Grim

Return to Working with Nebula