Login

Waiting for my license

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Waiting for my license

Postby gbevin » Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:10 am

Hi everyone,

New Nebula user here, just chiming in that it's really frustrating to have to be waiting for the license of a product you paid in this way. Surely it shouldn't be difficult to implement automated handling of this? When I bought Nebula two days ago it's because I have an interested in it now and had time to give it a good workout, now that's less the case. In the meantime I've been able to buy the Slate VCC Beta, get the license for it, apply it to four mixes, send those out, etc etc

Come on, surely you can do better than processing this manually, it's just a bit of programming and you increase the customer experience tremendously.

Hoping I get my license soon,

Geert
gbevin
User Level II
User Level II

Re: Waiting for my license

Postby gbevin » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:24 am

Just got my license, thanks. Still think the process should be automated as with almost all plugin manufacturers.
gbevin
User Level II
User Level II

Postby gbevin » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:10 am

So ... I'm back on the waiting train again. I got a new iMac i7 mainly to be able to run Nebula better, but since the authorization file generation on the website isn't automated yet, the iMac is just sitting there.

I read elsewhere that most of the coding for the automation is done, that it just needs to be hooked up. Please do that soon, it's really not a nice user experience and gives a bad impression for first time customers.
gbevin
User Level II
User Level II

Postby lordnielson » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:56 am

I agree.
I also think that a fully functional automated process will play a major part in an overall professional experience.

Hopefully Giancarlo can sort out this issue or perhaps have somebody do it for him. Eventually the company will grow beyond his capabilities as the only programmer/maintenance guy.
lordnielson

Postby anthonyw » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:41 am

I really like the automated process that Cytomic uses with The Glue. The plugin is automatically registered, the registration is built right into the plugin so the plugin is not tied to hardware, but your name. If Nebula used the same approach that would be great.
anthonyw
User Level VII
User Level VII

Postby gbevin » Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:21 pm

Got my license now, thanks. Still, get that automated process working :-)
gbevin
User Level II
User Level II

Return to Working with Nebula