Login

AlternativeDataPath

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

AlternativeDataPath

Postby Grim » Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:44 am

I'm trying to simplify my Nebula preset selection with more plugs & less presets showing up in each.

I created the new Nebs & xmls with names such as consoles, tapes, reverbs & edited the xmls to point to an alternative data path for each one (actually a sub folder of NebTempRepository)
I'd moved all presets to a temp folder & then began copying to the relevant folders.

This worked perfectly with all the 3rd party stuff appearing in the Nebulas I was choosing, but if I do the same with the release library these presets show up in ALL of the different Nebulas.
Can I stop this from happening somehow?

Thanks
Grim.
Grim

Re: AlternativeDataPath

Postby Grim » Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:13 pm

Seems no-one knows anything about this?

Some further info (which is just confusing me more!): I've realised that I had already created a REVERB folder & Neb instance that is using the release library reverbs but these programs do not appear in the other instances.

I've also noticed for all instances as well as (for exapmple)the Consoles appearing if I point to a CONSOLE alternative data path, there is still a "PRE" in my Nebula category list (empty)as well as MBC, CLC etc.

As soon as I put the remainder of the release library in any folder & run a Neb instance that is pointed to them, they show up in all of my instances again.

Any help much appreciated or I'm going to be stuck with a single unwieldy library & the 1000 program limit.

Thanks
Grim
Grim

Postby himhui » Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:53 pm

I don't know what's wrong with your setting but I did it step by step as below and it works well without the problem you mentioned.

First of all, copy a nebula dll & a XML file with the same name as the dll's from acustica folder. Then change their name to whatever you want (i.e. Nebula console) respectively and change the path insdie the XML file to access the libraries you need .

Following by making a folder such as " Nebula Console", mine is located in Drive C. Inside this "Nebula Console" folder, I created the following folders :-

1) Programs folder and copy the "INIT" file from the orginal Programs folder(nebulatemprepository\Programs)

2) Vectors folder and copy the "INIT" file from the orginal Vectors folder (nebulatemprepository\Vectors)

3) Setups folder (copy from nebulatemprepository\ Setups)

4) Skins folder

5) Clear the temp foler inside the directory of nebulatemprepository if you remove some presets.

Hope it helps ! ;)
97v4 /Win7 x64 /64G ram /Nvidia Quadro K620
Reaper 5.28 /X-Touch
Prism Orpheus /RME Babyface Pro
himhui
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby Grim » Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:25 pm

Thanks Himhui.

So rather than adding alternativedatapath you are changing the original datapath & copying INIT files to every folder you have created.
I for some reason assumed this wasn't possible & that the copy protection would need to be in nebulatemmprepository.

I'll try it tonight & see if I have any more success.

The one problem I can foresee with organising the library this way is making sure all instances get updated when a new release comes out!

Cheers
Grim
Grim

Postby Grim » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:21 pm

Just to close off this topic I can confirm that the Himhui method has worked (thanks again :P ) with one exception & that is the new MBC Pro library where the copy protection seems to be tied to the Nebulatemprepository (or probably wherever the files were stored when the library was authorised)

I just used the original datapath for this library so I now have separate Nebulas for TAPE, CONSOLES, EQ, REVERBS, LIBRARY & 3RD PARTY.
Grim

Postby himhui » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:06 pm

The MBCPRO works when the license and the ser file of mbcpro sit together at the same level as the Programs and Vectors folders do... So we can move them anywhere we like...

Attachments
Snap1.jpg
Snap1.jpg (112.76 KiB) Viewed 1258 times
97v4 /Win7 x64 /64G ram /Nvidia Quadro K620
Reaper 5.28 /X-Touch
Prism Orpheus /RME Babyface Pro
himhui
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby Puranon » Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:16 pm

The New GUI reverts back to the old. What files need to be updated in the new data path?
Puranon
User Level X
User Level X

Postby hok » Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:20 am

Thank you for this. It definitely makes it easier to have all presets organized and accessible.

I followed the method discussed above and it works flawlessly but for a small issue.

The category PRE keeps appearing in the list with just the Init program in it. The reason for this seems to be that the Init program is labelled as a PRE program. I tried to edit the program and change the label to something different and it works, but only momentarily: if you go back to the list page the PRE category is gone. The problem is that the change is not permanent. When you reload the nebula plugin the Init program is again labelled as PRE which makes the PRE category to show up again in the list.

Any ideas? Obviously it is not an important issue, but it would be neat not to have a category that actually does not contain any programs.
hok
User Level I
User Level I

Postby enriquesilveti » Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:50 am

Any ideas? Obviously it is not an important issue, but it would be neat not to have a category that actually does not contain any programs.

You can not "hack" INIT EP. Nebula always load INIT due is your product key.
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support.

MBP 11.5 (i7-4870 | 16 GB | 512 SDD)
SP4 (i5-6300 | 8 GB | 256 SDD)
RME UFX | PS Lyra2 | SD USBPre2
VM U15 | VM W10 | VM OSX 10.12
N4/NAT4 | SPX3 | RX5 | LN2C | Smaart8 | R5 | PT12 | PX10
enriquesilveti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby hok » Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:32 am

enriquesilveti wrote:You can not "hack" INIT EP. Nebula always load INIT due is your product key.

Fair enough.

Can the category - subcategory of normal programs be edited? I was trying to create a subset with just EQ programs and wanted to put all free programs in a separate category. I changed a couple of programs in the edit page and again it works only momentarily appearing under a FRE category in the list. But the changes were lost as soon as I reloaded the nebula plugin.
hok
User Level I
User Level I

Next

Return to Working with Nebula