Login

Getting NRGUI working.

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Getting NRGUI working.

Postby Definity » Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:34 pm

Hi, i downloaded the latest version, i read the guide. and it still don't work, i get a message saying about it cannot locate the AQCUA File and then i select the rigth file click the OK button a window pops up for about a split second then it closes agian. and i have to open task manager and close the process down as it is using about 15% of CPU even though it just a backgroud process with no windows. i have tryed mutiple versions from the first to the latest and this error always happens. i am on windows 7. any ideas on how to fix this?
Definity

Re: Getting NRGUI working.

Postby zabukowski » Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:14 pm

Hi :)

There is something wrong with your ACQUA config for sure. Please delete file NRGUI.INI from the NRGUI program folder. Then start NRGUI and set it up again. Be careful what you select for ACQUA config XML !!!. It is recommended to use Nebula XML file from Acustica VST plugins folder (for example "c:\program files\steinberg\vstplugins\acustica\Nebula Reverb3.xml").

Few users in the past experienced the same problem - everytime wrong Aqcua XML file was the problem.

Thanks for using NRGUI !

Zabukowski
zabukowski
Expert
Expert

Postby Definity » Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:30 pm

Hi, thanks for the reply :D ,i followed your instructions and it still just open really quickly and closes, i looked in task manager and now it looks like the whole process has closed
Definity

Postby zabukowski » Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:17 pm

Hmmm, strange :?

Let's try this way ...

1. Open NRGUI.INI file with notepad.

2. Insert following line right after line containing [NRGUI]

Trace=1

3.Save file.
4.Restart the program.
5. When program terminates, there should be a file named NRGUI.LOG inside NRGUI program folder. What are the contents of the file ?

Zabukowski
zabukowski
Expert
Expert

Postby Definity » Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:22 am

WOW what ever you suggested dude it just worked!!!! thanks for the tips much appreciated man :)
Definity

Postby zabukowski » Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:25 am

Great 8)

I think reseting NRGUI setting with correct ACQUA xml helped.

You can remove Trace line from nrgui.ini now. It is just for diagnostic purposes.

Zabukowski
zabukowski
Expert
Expert

Postby futur2 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:25 am

yes, it's just the right path to nebula.xml that is needed. maybe you could update this to be recognised automatically in future versions.
futur2

Postby zabukowski » Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:45 pm

futur2 wrote:yes, it's just the right path to nebula.xml that is needed. maybe you could update this to be recognised automatically in future versions.

I agree. It's already mentioned in the NRGUI User guide, but I will also try to add some additional XML file checking inside program to avoid such a problems.

Zabukowski
zabukowski
Expert
Expert

Postby ErotiCore SteNch » Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:57 pm

one small question

i have the alexb mwc and im using it on my fairly oldish single core 1,70ghz laptop

i dont have my new desktop comp at my place right now

if i want to render out using NRgui will it cause alot of glitches in the rendered out audio due to my old laptop??

i am not at hoe right now,so i cant try it out before tonight
ErotiCore SteNch
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Postby ErotiCore SteNch » Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:58 pm

i just tried using NRGUI but my files dont get rendered out to the folder i specifies.

and when this screen shows and i press any key,the only thing happening is NRgui gets terminated??

heres a image

i just tried again,and when it happens that rendered files DOES get saved,it is rendered files of samples thats NOT eve in used in the track that im rendering??how can that happen??
Attachments
problems with nrgui.jpg
problems with nrgui.jpg (208.39 KiB) Viewed 896 times
ErotiCore SteNch
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Return to Working with Nebula