Re: Transient loss

Postby mr.tele » Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:24 pm

+3
mr.tele
User Level X
User Level X

Postby Tim Petherick » Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:39 pm

But it's not about the instance its the developers that make the programs lower quality for cpu etc!

Nebula regular instance is as high quality as you get but the only way around this is if the developer made programs high qualiy and low of the same program.

A tape at 44.1 at maximum quality will use up most of you cpu.
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert

Postby Nooorway » Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:07 pm

A render mode with best possible quality would have been great ...
Nooorway
User Level III
User Level III

Postby elam » Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:13 pm

tbentley wrote:I agree. I think that nebula should add another version to the regular and reverb. This version should be the highest quality version of nebula with cpu usage not being a priority.

+4
elam
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby tbentley » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:19 pm

timp wrote:But it's not about the instance its the developers that make the programs lower quality for cpu etc!

Nebula regular instance is as high quality as you get but the only way around this is if the developer made programs high qualiy and low of the same program.

i might be wrong. But couldn't you make nebula change the programs settings automatically? If i read the thread correctly, Timed player is the parameter that needs to be changed to get a better sound from nebula. So if you had a nebula version that only allows Timed parameter to be used. You can avoid having to change the programs developers have created. I understand that developers create program that are lighter on cpu. Im grateful for that. But with tools like nebula man, we can use nebula/nebula reverb to audition programs in our daw. Then use this proposed new version to get the highest quality rendered.
tbentley
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby Tim Petherick » Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:26 am

tbentley wrote:
timp wrote:But it's not about the instance its the developers that make the programs lower quality for cpu etc!

i might be wrong. But couldn't you make nebula change the programs settings automatically? If i read the thread correctly, Timed player is the parameter that needs to be changed to get a better sound from nebula. So if you had a nebula version that only allows Timed parameter to be used. You can avoid having to change the programs developers have created. I understand that developers create program that are lighter on cpu. Im grateful for that. But with tools like nebula man, we can use nebula/nebula reverb to audition programs in our daw. Then use this proposed new version to get the highest quality rendered.

Yes , If it changed the kernal length too. In some programs the harmonic distotion in freqd player are quite short so I wonder if these have been made shorter to combat cpu. So if it was automatically switched it still might not be at highest quality.
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert

Postby babiuk » Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:06 pm

I agree. I think that nebula should add another version to the regular and reverb. This version should be the highest quality version of nebula with cpu usage not being a priority.

+5.
I know that we can change several things and we can do it for ourselves... but I read everything about it and I´m not sure at all abou how to get it.

I would thank very very much to have a 'Quality/render' Nebula version for these tasks developed or set up by the guys who really knows, avoiding to get a badly tweaked nebula version by myself, because there are so many things to take in mind that I cannot be sure of everything, even I could not be sure if it´s well done.

It´s just a desire, it would be highly helpfull and I think that a few of us would thank it too.
This version with no CPU compromise would have just one problem: your computer maybe could not work it. But in this case you can use regular version and if your CPU is strong you can use Quality version.
Mac Pro 5,1 / 6-core Intel Xeon / 16 GB Ram / El Capitan / Reaper / H******* Mixbuss
babiuk

Postby Tim Petherick » Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:20 pm

I'll take back my quote on nebula regular being highest quality . In general what I mean is that the programs need to be tweaked more so than actual nebula . One thing that should be taken is that nebula on the whole would be better if it could work at even quicker program rates.For more accurate dynamic and saturation . You can do this manual in xml but with an increase in aliasing. Maybe a call for oversampling?

My two things I would ask as a upgrade would be

1. Cuda bridge to work with all programs

2. faster program rates

Oh by the way G if your reading.Nothing comes close to nebula as it is!! It is the best at natural sound.

Tim
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Working with Nebula