Login

Neb3 AND NebServer in the same project

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Neb3 AND NebServer in the same project

Postby fpoitevin » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:11 am

Hi there !
Mac user. 10.6.8.
I just upgraded to Server. It works fine.

If I'm right, the client instance is first seeking a server (local or distant). If no server can be found, it runs in local mode. BUT... If a server is found, it's not possible to run in "local client only" mode.
So my question : what can I do to run, in the same project, several instances in local client and others on a distant server ? I would like to use the distant server as an extra CPU resource.

I've been using Digital Performer since now (Audio Unit only) but I tried Reaper this week (totally blown away !!) and I decided to switch. So, If the solution is only in using VST instances, it's not a problem anymore for me.

Thanks a lot for helping !
fpoitevin
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Re: Neb3 AND NebServer in the same project

Postby TranscendingMusic » Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:50 pm

One thing to remember is that the xml settings also dictate if it's local or not. If the port and address settings are put in, then that .dll will be looking for a connection from another computer. If they are blank, it'll behave in local mode. So, separate .dll's with appropriate settings.
mixing | mastering
Win 10 x64 | Sonar Platinum x64 | 3930K(OC)
TranscendingMusic
Expert
Expert

Postby fpoitevin » Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:42 pm

Thanks. It works ! When I delete the default port in the XML, Nebula is always in local.
But my problem now is a very basic question (I'm not a computer geek at all...) How to "associate" an XML file that I modified and renamed to the Nebula Reverb Audio Unit component ?
I thought I had to put the same new name to both component and XML, but it doesn't work. The DAW steel recognize the Nebula Reverb instance, but not the new one (even after restart).

Sorry for this basic question...
fpoitevin
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Postby musicgreator » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:38 pm

that only works with VST. Copy and rename.
musicgreator
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby enriquesilveti » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:07 am

fpoitevin wrote:Thanks. It works ! When I delete the default port in the XML, Nebula is always in local.
But my problem now is a very basic question (I'm not a computer geek at all...) How to "associate" an XML file that I modified and renamed to the Nebula Reverb Audio Unit component?
I thought I had to put the same new name to both component and XML, but it doesn't work. The DAW steel recognize the Nebula Reverb instance, but not the new one (even after restart). Sorry for this basic question...

Not possible into Audio Unit format, AU host read the plug-in ID. In VST world almost all VST host read the plug-in name instead plug-in ID.
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support.

MBP 11.5 (i7-4870 | 16 GB | 512 SDD)
SP4 (i5-6300 | 8 GB | 256 SDD)
UFX | Lyra2 | USBPre2
VM U15 | VM Win10 | VM OSX 10.12
N4/NAT4 | SPX3 | RX5 | LN2C | Smaart8 | R5 | PT12 | PX10 | NIK5
enriquesilveti
Expert
Expert

Postby fpoitevin » Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:10 pm

OK, Thanks.
I switch to Reaper to use VST instances.
fpoitevin
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Return to Working with Nebula