Login

new installation problem

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

new installation problem

Postby ks75 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:59 pm

hi
im wondering if anyone can help me. i recently purchased nebula3pro for mac and its impossible for me to use it...

ive installed everything (which seemed to go fine) but when i start the daw and try to open nebula in order to generate the serial file everything crashes almost immediately. the init page comes up and i can actually select a program but i cant hear any difference and none of the sliders stay where i move them, they all jump back down to zero. as soon as i click on 'disk' instant crash.

i cant even get the stereo version to the init page, the screen hangs on line 8 saying program not ok or something. both things happens regardless of whether im loading the reverb version or the regular. so, i cant generate a .ser file because i cant load the program.

ive unistalled and reinstalled, repaired permissions, everything but im not having any luck. im familiar with the free version and have used it for the last couple years so honestly having this many problems right away with the 3pro was the furthest thing from my mind, looks like i might have made an expensive mistake. any ideas?

ps im on an 8 core macpro, 10.6.8 using digital performer 7.24
ks75
User Level 0
User Level 0

Re: new installation problem

Postby enriquesilveti » Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:02 pm

Welcome ks75

1. Uninstall Nebula FREE
2. Install Nebula3 PRO version 1.3.502 (or last version for OSX)
3. Run Nebula in Reaper 4 OSX.
4. Send us your .SER file.

If Reaper don't force Nebula to generate .SER file, contact me thru e-mail or PM.

Read this too please:

Help us help you (read this before posting): http://www.acustica-audio.com/forum/ind ... =viewtopic

How to install, upgrade and uninstall Nebula: http://www.acustica-audio.com/forum/ind ... =viewtopic

Acustica Audio Products Key F.A.Q.: http://www.acustica-audio.com/forum/ind ... =viewtopic
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support.

MBP 11.5 (i7-4870 | 16 GB | 512 SDD)
SP4 (i5-6300 | 8 GB | 256 SDD)
UFX | Lyra2 | USBPre2
VM U15 | VM Win10 | VM OSX 10.12
N4/NAT4 | SPX3 | RX5 | LN2C | Smaart8 | R5 | PT12 | PX10 | NIK5
enriquesilveti
Expert
Expert

Postby ks75 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:34 pm

hi enrique
ive read those other posts that you linked to and didnt see anything about reaper - is this the only daw that the osx version is compatible with? i need to install reaper in order to use nebula? im confused...
ks75
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby enriquesilveti » Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:54 am

Nebula is compatible with any AU/VST host and can be used in PT with FXP adapter. Several customer reports that sometimes Nebula don't generate .SER file. Is a OSX related issue so try with Reaper to check:

1. .SER file is generated.
2. Nebula don't crash.

If you have problem with one or both of this point contact me again thru PM or email.
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support.

MBP 11.5 (i7-4870 | 16 GB | 512 SDD)
SP4 (i5-6300 | 8 GB | 256 SDD)
UFX | Lyra2 | USBPre2
VM U15 | VM Win10 | VM OSX 10.12
N4/NAT4 | SPX3 | RX5 | LN2C | Smaart8 | R5 | PT12 | PX10 | NIK5
enriquesilveti
Expert
Expert

Return to Working with Nebula