Login

How Do I Move The nebulatemprepository To A New Hard Disk?

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

How Do I Move The nebulatemprepository To A New Hard Disk?

Postby Spectralis » Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:20 am

I want more room on my C:\ drive. How do I move 16GB of Nebula presets to a new hard drive? How do I do it so that Nebula VST can still access the presets?
Spectralis
User Level I
User Level I

Re: How Do I Move The nebulatemprepository To A New Hard Disk?

Postby enriquesilveti » Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:45 am

The Nebula tip of the month (#3 - October 2010)
Using ALTERNATIVEDATAPATH trick
http://www.acustica-audio.com/forum/ind ... =viewtopic
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support.

MBP 11.5 (i7-4870 | 16 GB | 512 SDD)
SP4 (i5-6300 | 8 GB | 256 SDD)
RME UFX | PS Lyra2 | SD USBPre2
VM U15 | VM W10 | VM OSX 10.12
N4/NAT4 | SPX3 | RX5 | LN2C | Smaart8 | R5 | PT12 | PX10
enriquesilveti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Spectralis » Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:32 pm

Hi, thanks for your reply. I saw the post you linked to but I don't understand it at all. That's why I asked this question.

Firstly, all my 'Vectors' are in one folder. That includes all the commercial libraries I own and the factory ones that come with Neb Pro 3. 'Programs' are also all in one folder too.

My Nebula Pro folder set up on Windows 7 x64 bears no relation to the example you linked to. I don't have a 'NebulaComercialLibraries' folder.

My 'nebulatemprepository' folder contains only the following folders and files:

'Dictionaries' (folder)
'Programs' (folder)
'Setups' (folder)
'Skins' (folder)
'Temp' (folder)
'Vectors' (folder)
'Nebula3.ser' (file)
'uninstall3.exe' (file)
'UninstallCudaBridge.exe' (file)

Do I need to rewrite 'Nebula3CoreII64.xml' and 'Nebula3CoreII64Reverb.xml' and what should I write? Do I transfer the whole 'nebulatemprepository' folder to a new HDD location or just certain folders?

Thanks for your help.
Spectralis
User Level I
User Level I

Postby zabukowski » Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:42 pm

I suggest moving your complete "nebulatemprepository" folder with its contents to a new location.

Then set <DATAPATH> in your nebula3.xml / nebula3 reverb.xml files to this new location. Files are located in a vst plugins acustica folder.

edit:
for 64bit version files are Nebula3CoreII64.xml / Nebula3CoreII64reverb.xml

Hope it helps.
Zabukowski
zabukowski
Expert
Expert

Postby richie43 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:03 am

The 2 methods described are the "right" way to move the directory, both of those guys are Nebula geniuses. But I successfully moved mine when I was still very new to Nebula. It is very simple but more laborious. Back-up all of your Neb stuff first. Now, just move it. Cut and paste the entire nebulatemprepository to the new location. Now the fun part. Completely uninstall your Nebula installation, but leaving the temprepository where you put it. Run ccleaner and it's registry cleaner. Don't use some intensive registry cleaning program (ever, as far as I'm concerned!), they can wreak havoc on your system. Just something light like ccleaner. Next, reinstall your Nebula program, like for the first time, and specify where your nebulatemprepository is. After you get that done right, run your license file, just to make sure it is all working. For extra measures, delete the contents of the temp folder in your temprepository, and also delete the "~scanboot" (but NOT the "Rom" file!) in the "Setups" foler in the repository. This will empty your program cache, so when you start Nebula the first time, it may take a while to load. Hopefully, you've backed things up like I suggested, but it should be fine. I have since done this another time very successfully. If you are comfortable editing the xml file, obviously that is MUCH easier. But when I was newer and NEEDED to move my libraries, this was a method that I did understand, and it works. Good luck!
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby Spectralis » Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:57 am

Thanks for all the help. I moved 'nebulatemprepository' onto a new drive partition and simply changed the drive letter to the new one in the xml files and everything works flawlessly. Couldn't have been easier.

My only concern now is if I decide to uninstall Nebula Pro. Will I need to move the whole 'nebulatemprepository' back to the C:\ drive or just 'uninstal3.exe' and 'UninstallCudaBridge.exe' files?

I'm not intending to uninstall Neb Pro but just in case.
Spectralis
User Level I
User Level I

Return to Working with Nebula