Login

console emulation workflow question

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

console emulation workflow question

Postby judiefre1 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:59 pm

hello im just started getting into console emulation, and i see should place instances on all tracks 1st in the chain. This can be an issue for projects that already have processed wav's and i dont understand how to make a usable workflow? would console emulation still work well on processed wav's? or should go back find all settings and load all plugins on channels, and most channels running out of inserts as is with r2r, eq's,compressors...so would need to make tons of groups..how do u guys do it?
thanks
judiefre1
User Level 0
User Level 0

Re: console emulation workflow question

Postby zabukowski » Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:14 pm

judiefre1 wrote:hello im just started getting into console emulation, and i see should place instances on all tracks 1st in the chain. This can be an issue for projects that already have processed wav's and i dont understand how to make a usable workflow? would console emulation still work well on processed wav's? or should go back find all settings and load all plugins on channels, and most channels running out of inserts as is with r2r, eq's,compressors...so would need to make tons of groups..how do u guys do it?
thanks

Usually, I render audio files offline (Nebulaman) with tape, saturation and console input channel programs. Often I add console bus programs and even master bus program to the chain, also. This way I free up my DAW inserts for eq and compression - also don't need to think about tape and console anymore when mixing. This is not 100% real world scenario, but in most cases, it sounds good anyway ;)

Don't be afraid to nebulize your already processed files - if it sounds good, then it's good !

Hope it helps!
Zabukowski
zabukowski
Expert
Expert

Return to Working with Nebula