Login

Do not panic / The quick HELP thread

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Re: Do not panic / The quick HELP thread

Postby wakevortex » Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:44 am

Licence received thanks guys - now to have fun :-)

BP
wakevortex
User Level IV
User Level IV

Postby davida » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:32 am

Hi,
I've read the FAQ, the "Help us and help you", I've sent .SER and just received the 2 .INIT Files.
I still got Nebula or Nebula Reverb stuck and when it's loading showing on the front panel:
8 PROGRAM #0 not valid.

I aswell re install Nebula but nothing change.
I'm on OSX 10.6.7
Maybe my SER is not valid ( unfortunately I didn't back it up), and I've got 2 machines, but they've both nebula stuck ...

I already sent this email to support center but no news ...

Thanx for advance
Best
David
davida
User Level II
User Level II

Postby enriquesilveti » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:18 am

8 PROGRAM #0 not valid.

This could be due several issues, we recommend to uninstall and reinstall in other to copy again the factory (demo mode) INIT files and after that request a new key for every PC/MAC after run once and generated the correct .SER file of each PC/MAC.

If you did a backup of yours KEYs you can reinstall it without request a new KEY from Acustica audio support but as I said uninstall and reinstall in other to get the correct factory (demo mode) INIT files.
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support.

MBP 11.5 (i7-4870 | 16 GB | 512 SDD)
SP4 (i5-6300 | 8 GB | 256 SDD)
UFX | Lyra2 | USBPre2
VM U15 | VM Win10 | VM OSX 10.12
N4/NAT4 | SPX3 | RX5 | LN2C | Smaart8 | R5 | PT12 | PX10 | NIK5
enriquesilveti
Expert
Expert

Postby davida » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:28 am

Thanx Enrique
;)
davida
User Level II
User Level II

Postby babiuk » Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:48 pm

Hello, I did post an issue in other subforum but it was not solved, so I'll post it here.
The matter is so: I am into nebula from almost the begining, I had the free neb, neb 2, neb3 and then neb3 pro. I have used it a lot in cubase sx with best results. Some months ago my xp installation got ill and I had to reinstall so I came back using norton ghost to a previous xp installation. I dont remember if this previous installation had the neb3 pro or if it was saved before I bought pro. Anyway, it's now that I have time to work in music and when I opened cubase and charge nebula I experienced a crash, so I posted it in bug section and I followed the steps you told me, but nothing has gone for better. The situation is that I remove neb3 and reinstalled but now when I try to charge neb in cubase it crash and no .ser is on my system. I cannot see the serial number cos neb doesnt charge. The only thing I can give you is a 10 key wich you gave me when I went from neb2 to neb3 but not the key when I bought pro cos I didnt need it.
Please help me, I have time to music and I can't nebule.
I do panic :(
Thanks
babiuk
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby enriquesilveti » Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:26 pm

Run Nebula3PRO in other sequencier for get .SER file, seems to be a wrong/corrupted KEY.
Enrique Silveti.

UFX | Lyra2 | USBPre2
enriquesilveti
Expert
Expert

Postby babiuk » Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:01 pm

I did it a million of times but nothing.
I uninstalled neb3 pro and I tried to install just neb3, not pro. I tried a million of times and one of them I was able to charge an instance of nebula for a couple of minutes and a ser file was created, I have uploaded it from my authorisations app you have in the web. After that it was impossible to charge again nebula3, cubase crash when I try to. I have installed neb3pro and tried to charge nebula in cubase but anything happens apart from crashing. I hope you are able to do something with this ser file I got to create.
Please tell me about it, I´m so worried about not having nebula for anymore.
Aprat from that I tell you that I don´t have any other sequencer installed.
Thanks
babiuk
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby enriquesilveti » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:47 am

1. Backup Nebulatemprepository folder and Acustica folder.
2. Backup your libraries.
3. Uninstall all Nebula version. Delete manually leftovers.
4. Delete manually IPP libraries in your OS system folder: http://www.acustica-audio.com/forum/ind ... =viewtopic (The Nebula tip of the month #11 - February 2011)
5. Install Nebula3PRO from last setup version 1.3.492.
6. Run once Nebula and create a .SER file.
7. Send .SER to Acustica Audio.
8. Install your personal key.
9. Download one library from Acustica Audio website (yours can be damage)
10. Test it in Cubase.
11. If error appears again enable debug mode in Nebula.
Enrique Silveti.

UFX | Lyra2 | USBPre2
enriquesilveti
Expert
Expert

Postby babiuk » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:43 pm

Thanks for that.
I have done your steps, I even deleted any nebula entry on the registry. The ipps disapeared automatically in the unistall process (is this normal?)
Then I installed neb3pro latest version you told me but cubase crashed when I tried to charge nebula.
I installed cubase sx5 (my usual is sx3) and it was the same, I repeated the uninstall/delete/install several times but it´s the same, I cannot generate a ser file. I even tried to install the free nebula3 version downloaded from the web but it happened the same.

The last thing I made is install reaper in demo mode and this way I have been able to charge nebula free and after that I installed again neb3pro and it worked in reaper, so I generated a ser file I sent through the web.
Anyway I work in cubase and it´s very strange that sx3 stopped working (I was using neb/sx3 from long time ago) and even the new installed sx5 crash the same way.
I can think that something happens between neb/sx3, because Reaper is another sequencer, ok, but cubase sx5 is another sequencer too and it has the same problem as in sx3. So, what can I try in order to keep working on cubase? Because I have to work in cubase.
Thanks
babiuk
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby enriquesilveti » Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:07 am

The ipps disapeared automatically in the unistall process (is this normal?

YES

Then I installed neb3pro latest version you told me but cubase crashed when I tried to charge nebula.

I installed cubase sx5 (my usual is sx3) and it was the same, I repeated the uninstall/delete/install several times but it´s the same, I cannot generate a ser file. I even tried to install the free nebula3 version downloaded from the web but it happened the same.

The last thing I made is install reaper in demo mode and this way I have been able to charge nebula free and after that I installed again neb3pro and it worked in reaper, so I generated a ser file I sent through the web.

Anyway I work in cubase and it´s very strange that sx3 stopped working (I was using neb/sx3 from long time ago) and even the new installed sx5 crash the same way.

I can think that something happens between neb/sx3, because Reaper is another sequencer, ok, but cubase sx5 is another sequencer too and it has the same problem as in sx3. So, what can I try in order to keep working on cubase? Because I have to work in cubase.

Ask in Steinberg support how to enable .LOG/debug mode in Cubase and send it to Steinberg.
Enrique Silveti.

UFX | Lyra2 | USBPre2
enriquesilveti
Expert
Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Working with Nebula