Login

Do not panic / The quick HELP thread

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Re: Do not panic / The quick HELP thread

Postby enriquesilveti » Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:27 pm

illsoulprod wrote:Well...
I ended up buying nebula 3 pro and uninstalling everything from the computer.
After reinstalling and opening it up it is now instead of giving me a .ser file in my repository is giving me a serial number.

Now what?

Go User Area > My Licenses > Request
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support.

MBP 11.5 (i7-4870 | 16 GB | 512 SDD)
SP4 (i5-6300 | 8 GB | 256 SDD)
UFX | Lyra2 | USBPre2
VM U15 | VM Win10 | VM OSX 10.12
N4/NAT4 | SPX3 | RX5 | LN2C | Smaart8 | R5 | PT12 | PX10 | NIK5
enriquesilveti
Expert
Expert

Postby irmak » Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:13 pm

enriquesilveti wrote:
After reinstalling and opening it up it is now instead of giving me a .ser file in my repository is giving me a serial number.

Now what?

I am in the same situation, but the Requests page requires me to upload a .ser file, but there is no .ser file generated, just the "Authorization : send this serial" message when I start Nebula. What should I do?
irmak
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby jorismak » Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:09 am

Make sure the DAW / software that nebula is running in has write access to your Nebula repository.

Another way (maybe easier), is to create a simple text file yourself with the serial number in it, and call that text file 'Nebula3.ser'
jorismak

Postby ericus » Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:11 am

irmak wrote:
enriquesilveti wrote:

Now what?

I am in the same situation, but the Requests page requires me to upload a .ser file, but there is no .ser file generated, just the "Authorization : send this serial" message when I start Nebula. What should I do?

Take a look at my topic...I had the SAME problem:

http://www.acustica-audio.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=27755
ericus

Postby irmak » Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:13 am

Yup, done that, got my auth. Thank you!
irmak
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby jorismak » Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:43 am

Got a question of my own, which I already asked via the support form on the website but had no reply as of yet (it's been only a few days, no worries :)).

I recently re-installed my audio computer / workstation at home. It was running Windows 8.1-preview which expired last 14th of January. So Sunday the 12th I formatted and re-installed it (I do this quite recently to be honest, I love a fresh Windows install). It's now running the official final Windows 8.1.

After installing Nebula3 the serial number changed from my previous installation, which means I need to request a new license to get it to work OK. I did that, no problems there. But now I've used my two licenses (one for my old installation which is gone, and one for my new installation). I thought that if no hardware changed the serial number should stay the same? Maybe I got different SATA drivers now or something which shows up as a different harddrive.

The thing is: I want the old license gone (or let's say it differently: I want to make sure I can request a 3rd license) so I can install Nebula on my laptop as well.
jorismak

Postby enriquesilveti » Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:50 pm

jorismak wrote:Got a question of my own, which I already asked via the support form on the website but had no reply as of yet (it's been only a few days, no worries :)).

I recently re-installed my audio computer / workstation at home. It was running Windows 8.1-preview which expired last 14th of January. So Sunday the 12th I formatted and re-installed it (I do this quite recently to be honest, I love a fresh Windows install). It's now running the official final Windows 8.1.

After installing Nebula3 the serial number changed from my previous installation, which means I need to request a new license to get it to work OK. I did that, no problems there. But now I've used my two licenses (one for my old installation which is gone, and one for my new installation). I thought that if no hardware changed the serial number should stay the same? Maybe I got different SATA drivers now or something which shows up as a different harddrive.

The thing is: I want the old license gone (or let's say it differently: I want to make sure I can request a 3rd license) so I can install Nebula on my laptop as well.

You can get an extra license. It's free if you can explain why you need it. Request it in licensing AT acustica-audio.com. About .SER file <-> number change, there are some information that we will keep it in secrets to the grave :o .
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support.

MBP 11.5 (i7-4870 | 16 GB | 512 SDD)
SP4 (i5-6300 | 8 GB | 256 SDD)
UFX | Lyra2 | USBPre2
VM U15 | VM Win10 | VM OSX 10.12
N4/NAT4 | SPX3 | RX5 | LN2C | Smaart8 | R5 | PT12 | PX10 | NIK5
enriquesilveti
Expert
Expert

Postby filbula » Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:31 pm

hello,

sorry for my english.

yesterday i updated to mountain lion (10.8.5)
i thought there is a vst 64 bit version of nebula.
under "my downloads" i find only a 32 bit version.

is there a actually a 64 bit version of nebula pro?

thank you
bye
filbula
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby giancarlo » Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:45 pm

only for server users at the moment... but it will be released to other users too
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby ianc » Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:55 am

x64 o/s corrupted :( and needed a reformat and new install so just uploaded ser file for a new licience, will need another if and when i get a macbook, Am i correct that i can run two version's as if not i'll not bother getting the laptop. :?:
I wish I could drum half as well with two hands as one of Terry Bozzio's feet
ianc
User Level X
User Level X

PreviousNext

Return to Working with Nebula