Login

Do not panic / The quick HELP thread

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Re: Do not panic / The quick HELP thread

Postby Zsolt » Fri May 24, 2013 6:17 pm

updated:

Alright,
could anyone help me with this CUDA thing? I'm getting a bit impatient now, since this is the only reason I've upgraded to Nebula Pro and after having all these difficulties I'm finding myself regretting it. I'm really anxious to see if it was worth it at all, since it's advertised as quite the sh*zzle on the product page.

What I've done so far:
Searched the internet for old and obsolete drivers, since the new ones don't work with Nebula (go figure), but only the drivers for MAC (4.0.17) are available (in all languages possible :s). Came up short when searching for the Windows drivers.
The right CUDA toolkit is installed on my system (4.0.17), so that couldn't be the problem. I've also installed all the AA Cuda bridge files I could find the links to in this forum.

I have to say I'm quite disappointed by the lack of support for a feature that sets one bundle apart from another by €60. Please AA, if you really care about your (long time) customers, you should look into making the installation procedure easier and keeping a crucial feature up to date.

Just my €0.02

Regards,
Zsolt

UPDATE: After some more time invested, I finally got CUDA working and my 3rd party libraries seem to be working as well.
Still, I find the upgrade price between Nebula 3 and Pro a little bit steep and I still think there should be a lot more info on how to get things working.
I also hope there is some more to get out of CUDA and there will be more updates. At the moment it seems with my GTX 650 Ti Boost, I can cut the cpu usage in half with some very demanding reverbs. All in all not bad.
Zsolt
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby markrees » Sat May 25, 2013 5:45 pm

waiting on set file authorizations,loads but does not work it says authorization missing on the skin
markrees
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby markrees » Sun May 26, 2013 2:28 pm

i heard back from sales by email and they said i already had the files (the 2 NT2) files i replaced the old and still shows up in line 8 as authorization missing,i really would love to know what i am missing? am i supposed to have an authorization in(my Authorizations) because I do not,is this the problem??please i am very anxious to try this plugin more,i have heard good things,but this is frustrating:o(, i hope we can resolve this soon, Thanks
markrees
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby enriquesilveti » Mon May 27, 2013 11:30 am

markrees wrote:i heard back from sales by email and they said i already had the files (the 2 NT2) files i replaced the old and still shows up in line 8 as authorization missing,i really would love to know what i am missing? am i supposed to have an authorization in(my Authorizations) because I do not,is this the problem??please i am very anxious to try this plugin more,i have heard good things,but this is frustrating:o(, i hope we can resolve this soon, Thanks

Which OS? Which path do you use it for install N2P/N2V files? Also read this: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=362
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support.

MBP 11.5 (i7-4870 | 16 GB | 512 SDD)
SP4 (i5-6300 | 8 GB | 256 SDD)
RME UFX | PS Lyra2 | SD USBPre2
VM U15 | VM W10 | VM OSX 10.12
N4/NAT4 | SPX3 | RX5 | LN2C | Smaart8 | R5 | PT12 | PX10
enriquesilveti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby giancarlo » Tue May 28, 2013 6:02 am

Zsolt wrote:updated:

Alright,
could anyone help me with this CUDA thing? I'm getting a bit impatient now, since this is the only reason I've upgraded to Nebula Pro and after having all these difficulties I'm finding myself regretting it. I'm really anxious to see if it was worth it at all, since it's advertised as quite the sh*zzle on the product page.

What I've done so far:
Searched the internet for old and obsolete drivers, since the new ones don't work with Nebula (go figure), but only the drivers for MAC (4.0.17) are available (in all languages possible :s). Came up short when searching for the Windows drivers.
The right CUDA toolkit is installed on my system (4.0.17), so that couldn't be the problem. I've also installed all the AA Cuda bridge files I could find the links to in this forum.

I have to say I'm quite disappointed by the lack of support for a feature that sets one bundle apart from another by €60. Please AA, if you really care about your (long time) customers, you should look into making the installation procedure easier and keeping a crucial feature up to date.

Just my €0.02

Regards,
Zsolt

UPDATE: After some more time invested, I finally got CUDA working and my 3rd party libraries seem to be working as well.
Still, I find the upgrade price between Nebula 3 and Pro a little bit steep and I still think there should be a lot more info on how to get things working.
I also hope there is some more to get out of CUDA and there will be more updates. At the moment it seems with my GTX 650 Ti Boost, I can cut the cpu usage in half with some very demanding reverbs. All in all not bad.

nebula pro in mac osx is not a choice, it is the only product supported! cuda in mac osx works quite well, we are not updating it cause new version (5) is not faster and is a bit buggier.
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby giancarlo » Tue May 28, 2013 6:11 am

markrees wrote:i heard back from sales by email and they said i already had the files (the 2 NT2) files i replaced the old and still shows up in line 8 as authorization missing,i really would love to know what i am missing? am i supposed to have an authorization in(my Authorizations) because I do not,is this the problem??please i am very anxious to try this plugin more,i have heard good things,but this is frustrating:o(, i hope we can resolve this soon, Thanks

we received from enrique silveti a serial, but it's in lowercase characters so maybe it's wrong. In general serial numbers in mac osx are in capital letters. So I'm not sure it's the correct one, contact me.
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby jeffbdavis » Tue May 28, 2013 9:52 am

Hello. Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I've been having some trouble with my Nebula 3 Pro install on my Mac. Up until recently, Nebula VST has been working fine in Cubase, Reaper and Live. However, it's not showing up in the plugin lists any more. Only the AU version in Reaper shows in the plugin list.

I checked the plugin paths and updated the plugins in all of my DAWs and the VST versions still won't show up. The only thing that's showing up is the AU version.

FWIW, I have a macbook pro running OS X 10.7.5 and Cubase 6.5, Reaper (current version) and Live Lite 8. Not sure what to do - please help!
jeffbdavis
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Postby enriquesilveti » Tue May 28, 2013 11:25 am

jeffbdavis wrote:Hello. Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I've been having some trouble with my Nebula 3 Pro install on my Mac. Up until recently, Nebula VST has been working fine in Cubase, Reaper and Live. However, it's not showing up in the plugin lists any more. Only the AU version in Reaper shows in the plugin list.

I checked the plugin paths and updated the plugins in all of my DAWs and the VST versions still won't show up. The only thing that's showing up is the AU version.

FWIW, I have a macbook pro running OS X 10.7.5 and Cubase 6.5, Reaper (current version) and Live Lite 8. Not sure what to do - please help!

Try this...

we found an issue in the installer, you can find the solution here viewtopic.php?f=15&t=25701&hilit=mac+vst
Enrique Silveti.

enriquesilveti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby jeffbdavis » Tue May 28, 2013 8:50 pm

enriquesilveti wrote:Try this...

we found an issue in the installer, you can find the solution here viewtopic.php?f=15&t=25701&hilit=mac+vst

Thanks! That seems to have solved the problem in Live and Reaper. Haven't tried it with Cubase yet, but I'll try it later today...

What I don't understand is why it worked fine for several months, and then all of a sudden, stopped showing up in my VST plugins list? Does that make any sense?
jeffbdavis
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Postby enriquesilveti » Wed May 29, 2013 9:54 am

jeffbdavis wrote:
Thanks! That seems to have solved the problem in Live and Reaper. Haven't tried it with Cubase yet, but I'll try it later today...

What I don't understand is why it worked fine for several months, and then all of a sudden, stopped showing up in my VST plugins list? Does that make any sense?

Nebula update? OSX Update?
Enrique Silveti.

enriquesilveti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Working with Nebula