Login

Do not panic / The quick HELP thread

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Re: Do not panic / The quick HELP thread

Postby Mac » Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:58 pm

I am running Nebula 3 Pro on 32-Bit Win XP. I will be upgrading to 64-Bit Win 7. Can I use same ser/auth file on new system, or will Nebula generate a new ser file when I install Nebula 64-Bit? Thanks.
Mac
User Level II
User Level II

Postby enriquesilveti » Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:00 pm

Nebula anti-copy system is based into HDD serial number in PC. If you still use the same HDD probably your Nebula will generate the same number inside the .SER file. If .SER file has inside different number you should request a new one.
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support.

MBP 11.5 (i7-4870 | 16 GB | 512 SDD)
SP4 (i5-6300 | 8 GB | 256 SDD)
UFX | Lyra2 | USBPre2
VM U15 | VM Win10 | VM OSX 10.12
N4/NAT4 | SPX3 | RX5 | LN2C | Smaart8 | R5 | PT12 | PX10 | NIK5
enriquesilveti
Expert
Expert

Postby Mac » Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:39 pm

Thank you for the reply Enrique. Got it!
Mac
User Level II
User Level II

Postby Scottf » Fri May 10, 2013 8:16 pm

Im just after purchasing pro server for mac....

I didnt realize its "suggested" you send the commercial .ser file....

after install- & I forgot to load plugin, it just sent the original freebie .ser file

thing is I now have lauched the pro version in my daw-Logic 8

and there still is only one visible .ser is it likely when I lauched pro server within logic today for first time the initiall free version .ser file was replaced, and now I should send this again & instead....

I really dont see two keys but I know they have same number so my original nebula free .ser file was prob replaced on lauching pro for first time today,,, should I get on top of this ASAP and re-send the key if this replacing is what happens or is it smooth sailing either way,
I understand you have to wait it out so would be relief to know the right email attachment is going to be processd i.e the correct .ser file... though I still see only one ; )

..might have to leave off the production til Im up and running as my current projects with free version are loading what seems the pro without half the librarys that I had in free....
Scottf
User Level VI
User Level VI

Postby Antonello » Fri May 10, 2013 11:25 pm

Scottf wrote:Im just after purchasing pro server for mac....

I didnt realize its "suggested" you send the commercial .ser file....

after install- & I forgot to load plugin, it just sent the original freebie .ser file

thing is I now have lauched the pro version in my daw-Logic 8

and there still is only one visible .ser is it likely when I lauched pro server within logic today for first time the initiall free version .ser file was replaced, and now I should send this again & instead....

I really dont see two keys but I know they have same number so my original nebula free .ser file was prob replaced on lauching pro for first time today,,, should I get on top of this ASAP and re-send the key if this replacing is what happens or is it smooth sailing either way,
I understand you have to wait it out so would be relief to know the right email attachment is going to be processd i.e the correct .ser file... though I still see only one ; )

..might have to leave off the production til Im up and running as my current projects with free version are loading what seems the pro without half the librarys that I had in free....

Hi Scott,
please check your e-mail.

Thanks,
Antonello
Antonello
God Administrator
God Administrator

Postby Scottf » Sat May 11, 2013 3:11 pm

Hi Antonello,
I recieved email, today Im reinstalling "free" nebula

&

reinstalling "pro" nebula

..one thing is both installs have same folder path location & titles, meaing one will "copy" over the other-
so I installed nebula free first, it worked in logic 8 again, so I created a folder titled "nebula-free" in install destination=Library>Audio>presets

I put the free install into this... installed pro, & created a different titled folder in same folder path, for this named "nebula commercial"-
however this caused both free & pro when launched with logic 8 to have blank black screens,....so that def. messed something as free had been working.....

HOw do you keep free and its "similar/identical" naming & destination at the same time, as installing commercial????
I would like the two together to work side by side as Ive projects already using free which I must revisit and adjust etc
thanks
Scottf
User Level VI
User Level VI

Postby twoifbysea » Sun May 12, 2013 7:29 am

Sent in my .ser file and was told to post here afterwards. Look forward to getting up and running. Thanks!
twoifbysea
User Level I
User Level I

Postby tunca » Sun May 12, 2013 4:04 pm

I sent .ser file and i get lisence file.Now i'm running Nebula 2 perfectly.But there is nothing on "My Authorizations".Is it important?
tunca
User Level X
User Level X

Postby enriquesilveti » Sun May 12, 2013 7:15 pm

tunca wrote:I sent .ser file and i get lisence file.Now i'm running Nebula 2 perfectly.But there is nothing on "My Authorizations".Is it important?

This feature is not working. Will be fixed when we enable the automatic key delivery from the website.
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support.

MBP 11.5 (i7-4870 | 16 GB | 512 SDD)
SP4 (i5-6300 | 8 GB | 256 SDD)
UFX | Lyra2 | USBPre2
VM U15 | VM Win10 | VM OSX 10.12
N4/NAT4 | SPX3 | RX5 | LN2C | Smaart8 | R5 | PT12 | PX10 | NIK5
enriquesilveti
Expert
Expert

Postby tunca » Sun May 12, 2013 7:50 pm

enriquesilveti wrote:
tunca wrote:I sent .ser file and i get lisence file.Now i'm running Nebula 2 perfectly.But there is nothing on "My Authorizations".Is it important?

This feature is not working. Will be fixed when we enable the automatic key delivery from the website.

Thanks to answer.
tunca
User Level X
User Level X

PreviousNext

Return to Working with Nebula