Login

Do not panic / The quick HELP thread

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Re: Do not panic / The quick HELP thread

Postby dimi_dimi » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:55 am

hderick wrote:Para cuando nebula pro o server en formato vst funcionando en mountain lion? no hay ninguna previsión o novedad al respecto?

Me interesa también esa pregunta. Tiene sentido actualizar el sistema operativo hasta Mountain Lion, si Nebula Free no me funcionó en Lion?
dimi_dimi
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby Melon_Jack » Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:06 am

Dig in your system. 10.8.3 - all working. Free and commercial.
Sorry for my bad english =))
Melon_Jack

Nebula Server – Any Help?

Postby Andymusikus » Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:22 pm

I just wanted to let you know about a typical pathway of a nebula newbie – that’s what I am.
To sum it up, I cannot understand that there seems to be no help from the company's side to make it easy for a customer. Is there a purpose to make it complicated? That‘s my true question.
I tested Nebula two times (two years ago and now). I loved it both times and now bought the Nebula 3 Server Bundle. Of course I read all the „problem stories“, no good documentation, long waiting times etc., but I wanted to give it a try. For about 250EU!
To be honest, it’s a nightmare. I cannot understand why there is nearly no help in the installation procedure. For example, after buying the software, a Nebula Server Update appears in the Download folder. Why Update? There is nothing to update. I installed it, found the .ser file and sent it. OK., I read that I have to wait some time (Now 3 days) I received an email with a zip file containing 3 folders, saying e.g. „Both folders are located in
/Library/Audio/Presets/AcusticaAudio/Nebula3. I do not have this folder and wrote that in my answer. No reaction. Is this zip-file my authorization? There is no authorization in my AA account.
I am working with customers in my real life’s job and produce a lot of pdfs every day to make their lives easier. It’s maybe an hour’s work to write a short installer instruction with exlanations for people like me. And Acustica Audio have not done it in 2 years now. Very strange.
Any help from anybody is very much appreciated… I really do not understand any logic here although I am quite good with computers and software.
Best, Andymusikus
Andymusikus
User Level I
User Level I

Postby Melon_Jack » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:04 pm

PM me and i'll help.)
Sorry for my bad english =))
Melon_Jack

Postby giancarlo » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:12 pm

hi contact us via email... if you see only updates something is wrong. You should install nebula 3 pro first.
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Re: Nebula Server – Any Help?

Postby enriquesilveti » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:13 am

Andymusikus wrote:I just wanted to let you know about a typical pathway of a nebula newbie – that’s what I am.
To sum it up, I cannot understand that there seems to be no help from the company's side to make it easy for a customer. Is there a purpose to make it complicated? That‘s my true question.
I tested Nebula two times (two years ago and now). I loved it both times and now bought the Nebula 3 Server Bundle. Of course I read all the „problem stories“, no good documentation, long waiting times etc., but I wanted to give it a try. For about 250EU!
To be honest, it’s a nightmare. I cannot understand why there is nearly no help in the installation procedure. For example, after buying the software, a Nebula Server Update appears in the Download folder. Why Update? There is nothing to update. I installed it, found the .ser file and sent it. OK., I read that I have to wait some time (Now 3 days) I received an email with a zip file containing 3 folders, saying e.g. „Both folders are located in
/Library/Audio/Presets/AcusticaAudio/Nebula3. I do not have this folder and wrote that in my answer. No reaction. Is this zip-file my authorization? There is no authorization in my AA account.
I am working with customers in my real life’s job and produce a lot of pdfs every day to make their lives easier. It’s maybe an hour’s work to write a short installer instruction with exlanations for people like me. And Acustica Audio have not done it in 2 years now. Very strange.
Any help from anybody is very much appreciated… I really do not understand any logic here although I am quite good with computers and software.
Best, Andymusikus

Hello Andymusikus we didn't release Nebula3 PRO Server installer yet due we still researching for OSX 10.7/8 solutions. You should install Nebula3 PRO a setup and then a Server upgrade. Nebula3 PRO installer has the core files for your OS. We are working in a new user manual for Nebula3 PRO Server but before we need to find some better performance solutions for LAN server feature.

You can find a lost of information and current FAQs here:
viewforum.php?f=36 and viewforum.php?f=39.

For personalized support you can contact me directly using the web form: http://www.acustica-audio.com/index.php ... &Itemid=95

5. Installation
Nebula is build in a installer setup for PC and MAC. Installer setups contains all system files and demo key after run an installer setup you should update to the last stable release running a upgrade setup.
Acustica Audio provides to 3rd party developers an automatic library installation available for PC and MAC.

5.2. Software and plug-in installation MAC
Nebula build in an installer that will select automatically default and fixed path installation folder. The VST plug-in will copy into Mac HD/Library/Audio/Plugins/VST/Acustica and extra plug-in support installation folder called NebulaTempRepository into Mac HD/Library/Audio/Presets/AcusticaAudio/Nebula3/

1. Run installer.
2. Click on next.
3. Click on next.
4. Accept the terms of the license agreement.
5. Click on install.
6. Enter you user name and password
7. Click on OK.

IMPORTANT: Nebula VST plug-in will copy in the Mac HD/Library/Audio/Plugins/VST/ but inside a folder called Acustica.

5.4. Library installation MAC

A Nebula library are a collection of a emulation presets. Each preset has two files, vector file (.N2V files) and program file (N2P files). Vector files should be copied to Nebula Vector folder and Program files should be copies to Nebula Programs folder folder both folder are inside the plug-in support installation folder in HD/Library/Audio/Presets/AcusticaAudio/Nebula3/.
Acustica Audio libraries and 3rd party developers include a library installer you can use for copy your libraries files into the corresponding folder in an automatic way.

IMPORTANT: You can move you 3rd libraries to a different HDD, but you should add a manually the new location into the Nebula MAST page adding alternative data path parameter explained here: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=567&start=0&rb_v=viewtopic

5.5. Version upgrade PC/MAC
Nebula upgrade is build in an installer setup that will upgrade your product to the last available version. PC version will ask again for the both folder locations instead MAC version that will use the default ones.
Last installation setups and upgrade setups are ready for download in Acustica Audio website, user area, downloads.

IMPORTANT: Installation setups always installs factory INIT emulation preset instead upgrade setups. If your any reason you need to run an installation setup and your already authorize Nebula, you should backup before your INIT emulation preset (INIT.N2V and INIT.N2P files)
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support.

MBP 11.5 (i7-4870 | 16 GB | 512 SDD)
SP4 (i5-6300 | 8 GB | 256 SDD)
RME UFX | PS Lyra2 | SD USBPre2
VM U15 | VM W10 | VM OSX 10.12
N4/NAT4 | SPX3 | RX5 | LN2C | Smaart8 | R5 | PT12 | PX10
enriquesilveti
Expert
Expert

Postby jkervin » Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:32 pm

A little while back I tried to upgrade to the Server Bundle, but wasn't able to get it going. I got a lot of support and ultimately a refund, and I'm back to the Pro Bundle. However I've run the installers and the VST version doesn't show up in my plug in list. AU shows up in Reaper and seems to work fine. All my libraries are there, etc. I have copied my Key files that I originally got. The Acustica folder shows up in my VST folder.

Any thoughts? Using AU is fine but I use PT and the wrapper so I need VST to work.

Thanks! :D
jkervin
User Level X
User Level X

Postby zabukowski » Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:46 pm

jkervin wrote:A little while back I tried to upgrade to the Server Bundle, but wasn't able to get it going. I got a lot of support and ultimately a refund, and I'm back to the Pro Bundle. However I've run the installers and the VST version doesn't show up in my plug in list. AU shows up in Reaper and seems to work fine. All my libraries are there, etc. I have copied my Key files that I originally got. The Acustica folder shows up in my VST folder.

Any thoughts? Using AU is fine but I use PT and the wrapper so I need VST to work.

Thanks! :D

Try this:
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=25701&p=54912&hilit=zabukowski#p54912

Zabukowski
zabukowski
Expert
Expert

Postby jkervin » Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:48 pm

Hey Thanks!!!! That seems to have done it for ProTools, but not Reaper? I changed both Nebula and Nebula Reverb VSTs to Nebula_i386...
jkervin
User Level X
User Level X

Postby jkervin » Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:42 am

This worked - I had to rescan my VST folder in Reaper though. In fact a simple "rescan" didn't work - I had to "clear cache and rescan". That did the truck. Thanks Zabukowski!
jkervin
User Level X
User Level X

PreviousNext

Return to Working with Nebula