Login

Do not panic / The quick HELP thread

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Re: Do not panic / The quick HELP thread

Postby enriquesilveti » Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:41 am

ksw1983 wrote:Anyone?

Sorry?
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support.

MBP 11.5 (i7-4870 | 16 GB | 512 SDD)
SP4 (i5-6300 | 8 GB | 256 SDD)
RME UFX | PS Lyra2 | SD USBPre2
VM U15 | VM W10 | VM OSX 10.12
N4/NAT4 | SPX3 | RX5 | LN2C | Smaart8 | R5 | PT12 | PX10
enriquesilveti
Expert
Expert

Postby enriquesilveti » Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:45 am

Hello, I need help! I am on a windows system. I installed the 32 bit version -worked fine. Moved to 64 bit - worked fine. Now I have decided to go back to 32 bit.
I uninstalled and deleted everything and when I reinstall it doesnt load or even generate the authorisation file.

It loads up and stops at 8 - PROGRAM #0 not valid - See attachment

Please help!

Hello Karl. Please use a setup installer and NOT a upgrade installer. Check that you are using the correct paths when you apply the version upgrade.If you can solve please contact me by email: enrique.silveti AT acusticaudio.net
Enrique Silveti.

enriquesilveti
Expert
Expert

Postby enriquesilveti » Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:49 am

scooled wrote:Hello,
Same problem as KSW1985 on PC.
Version: Nebula3 Pro WIN x64 1.3.492
DAW:Reaper

It had worked fine for months then out of the blue I get the same screen as KSW.
I uninstalled and re-installed and still have the same problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Run Setup v 1.3.492 first, then version upgrade to 1.3.504. Then Apply your personal custom key. Setup v 1.3.492 will overwrite your key and install factory demo keys. Anyway if you use the correct/same path in both setup and upgrade Nebula should load in demo Mode. If you can solve please contact me by email: enrique.silveti AT acusticaudio.net
Enrique Silveti.

enriquesilveti
Expert
Expert

Postby enriquesilveti » Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:52 am

kocoloco wrote:Enrique yo he comprado el Nebula2, y me habeis mandado un archivo llamado "nebula3license", independientemente lo he instalado y no pasa nada, ni se crean nuevos archivos en la carpeta, ni se registra el nebula, cuando lo abro me dice "PROGRAM 0 not valid". He hecho de todo, lo he desinstalado, he borrado todos los rastros que dejó en el registro de windows, etc... y vuelto a reinstalar, solo el setup, sin el update y nada...

Luego de desintalar, al installar primero debes instalar un "setup", luego la actualizacion llama upgrade. Y utilizar siempre las mismas carpetas. El sistema de licencia es ideantico para todas las versiones de Nebula, no te preocupes por el nombre simplemente has una copia de seguridad de TU llave.
Enrique Silveti.

enriquesilveti
Expert
Expert

Postby aceracer » Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:49 pm

I have bought the Nebula 3 Pro bundle. I have sent the .SER file to the email id mentioned in the user area. I have not received the exe file. please help me... thanks..!
aceracer
User Level 0
User Level 0

SER file sent- need Authorization please !!

Postby aceracer » Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:18 am

I have sent the SER file, still waiting for the Authorization.. Please help me..
aceracer
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby CoolColJ » Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:07 am

I restored a backup image file of my windows hard drive, and some of the Nebula programs no longer work, ie they show the init screen instead... so I guess to need to send in a new SER file?

But if I delete the old one, Nebula does not generate a new one!
And on the MAST page it shows registered as "Customer"
CoolColJ
User Level IX
User Level IX

Postby Cupwise » Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:23 am

CoolColJ wrote:I restored a backup image file of my windows hard drive, and some of the Nebula programs no longer work, ie they show the init screen instead... so I guess to need to send in a new SER file?

some developers use their own copy-protection, for example analog in the box. you might check to see if that's the case. it seems like it might explain why nebula says you are registered and/but only specific programs won't load. anyway, if it's the case, it's a pretty simple matter of just going to their website and following their instructions to get the programs working again.

another thing you might try is just checking the vectors folder(s) to make sure the n2v files for those programs are actually in there. for a long time i couldn't figure out why some official acustica stuff wasn't working for me, then i found out that i was missing the vectors!
heh.
Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Postby CoolColJ » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:48 am

Cupwise wrote:
CoolColJ wrote:I restored a backup image file of my windows hard drive, and some of the Nebula programs no longer work, ie they show the init screen instead... so I guess to need to send in a new SER file?

some developers use their own copy-protection, for example analog in the box. you might check to see if that's the case. it seems like it might explain why nebula says you are registered and/but only specific programs won't load. anyway, if it's the case, it's a pretty simple matter of just going to their website and following their instructions to get the programs working again.

another thing you might try is just checking the vectors folder(s) to make sure the n2v files for those programs are actually in there. for a long time i couldn't figure out why some official acustica stuff wasn't working for me, then i found out that i was missing the vectors!
heh.

Thanks but none of the official stuff is working, only AlexB and CDsoundmaster stuff. All the files are present

Also all the Aqua versions of the CDsoundmaster stuff stopped working, but I was able to generate a new SER file on those, the numbers was different, and get a new AUT file.
Seems like the aborted Windows backup restore I did formated the HD or something, even when I redid it properly, with all options like restoring the hidden track, MBR and signature, Nebula still thinks I'm using a different HD?

So why doesn't Nebula create a new SER file if I delete the old one?
CoolColJ
User Level IX
User Level IX

Postby Cupwise » Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:12 am

i think you might have to re-install it.

i could be wrong about this, but i think it only generates those files if it's the first time you try to run it after an install.

if you made some kind of changes to your nebula config you want to keep, you could just make sure to backup the nebula xml (the one where the .dll plugin file is), and try re-installing. then after you got it working/authorized, i would try swapping your old xml back in.

this is what i would try to do, anyway.
Cupwise
Expert
Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Working with Nebula