Login

Mac OS 64 bit | Request | Beg | Plea

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Re: Mac OS 64 bit | Request | Beg | Plea

Postby lordnielson » Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:02 am

I'm gonna join the 64 bit cheering club. I would be nice to run maybe 2 reverbs in a session.

What's the deadline here G ?.. 1 or 2 months ?

Are there other important updates getting in the way of this job or is it maybe really tedious or overly complicated ?

Not being arsey, just interested in a rather positive way. :ugeek: :)
lordnielson

Postby cpwade » Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:40 am

*edit*
Last edited by cpwade on Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
cpwade

Postby giancarlo » Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:47 am

apple changed the compiler, so I should fix all assembler code because old syntax is not accepted any more. I'm stuck in a middle of a different project but I'll be back again
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby cpwade » Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:02 pm

*edit*
Last edited by cpwade on Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
cpwade

Postby giancarlo » Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:06 pm

no... I'm writing code for a side project and it's around 70% so soon I'll get a lot of free time for nebula
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby brucerothwell » Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:50 pm

Uhh... as a potential new Mac customer, this thread is making me wonder if I should not bother with Nebula.

It seems that, like Mackie has done with Tracktion, Acustica may think Mac support is not worth the effort.

This kind of attitude from a company is what drives Mac users to stick with a company and product that is actually devoted to the Mac platform.

Acustica -- perhaps you are at the proverbial fork in the road?
brucerothwell
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby giancarlo » Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:27 am

if you think you need products devoted to mac platform, simply stick with them. We developed a mac osx version because requested, but in my mnd mac osx is just a different os, like linux or unix, not something in the religious realm. Mac osx releases are just a bit more hard to achieve, since apple changes his mind quite often about libraries, processors, compilers, layers and .... support. In windows you write once and it's done forever. I could not say the same thing for apple. It's an ethernal run.
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby grame » Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:30 pm

Once Nebula goes 64 bit for Mac then I can finally say goodbye to running Studio One in 32 bit! Hopefully not too long now...
grame
User Level I
User Level I

Postby cpwade » Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:51 am

giancarlo wrote:if you think you need products devoted to mac platform, simply stick with them. We developed a mac osx version because requested, but in my mnd mac osx is just a different os, like linux or unix, not something in the religious realm. Mac osx releases are just a bit more hard to achieve, since apple changes his mind quite often about libraries, processors, compilers, layers and .... support. In windows you write once and it's done forever. I could not say the same thing for apple. It's an ethernal run.

Seriously.
Respectfully G, I've supported you at all times, your style and motives both here, GS and this very thread and made some enemies in the process over the past two years. I have beta tested for you, I have called out security flaws. I think I have shown loyalty as have many "OSX" users. I'm sorry but bad behavior requires that you be called out. You are skirting the edge of penalizing and bashing a segment of your customer base simply because you dislike Mac. You call us religious fanatics. Come up with something original please and stop parroting the IT kids on coding forums. Poor form indeed.

Best wishes and good luck.
Keep the $$$.

A ogni uccello il suo nido è bello.

Paul
cpwade

Postby giancarlo » Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:42 pm

cpwade wrote:
giancarlo wrote:if you think you need products devoted to mac platform, simply stick with them. We developed a mac osx version because requested, but in my mnd mac osx is just a different os, like linux or unix, not something in the religious realm. Mac osx releases are just a bit more hard to achieve, since apple changes his mind quite often about libraries, processors, compilers, layers and .... support. In windows you write once and it's done forever. I could not say the same thing for apple. It's an ethernal run.

Seriously.
Respectfully G, I've supported you at all times, your style and motives both here, GS and this very thread and made some enemies in the process over the past two years. I have beta tested for you, I have called out security flaws. I think I have shown loyalty as have many "OSX" users. I'm sorry but bad behavior requires that you be called out. You are skirting the edge of penalizing and bashing a segment of your customer base simply because you dislike Mac. You call us religious fanatics. Come up with something original please and stop parroting the IT kids on coding forums. Poor form indeed.

Best wishes and good luck.
Keep the $$$.

A ogni uccello il suo nido è bello.

Paul

Just a bit of story here. I've been working on nebula for 6 years, around 8 hours a day. From 2005 to 2011. I think it's an amazing product, and today I still spend around 30 minutes for day for supporting customers, solving key requests and so on.
I worked hard and coded all possible things requested by users. This year I'm busy on a different project .
It doesn't mean the product is not supported, but only I'm not developing anything new because I can't . When this new thing will be sorted I'll be back again.

You have pretty everything apart a 64 bits version for mac osx (and keep in mind a x64 server version was released, though, I understand that you need a 64 bits client) and the real reason it wasn't delivered is because apple changed things many times, so I couldn't finish it in time [before this project] or during my spare time.

ANYWAY it doesn't change the thing. Nebula was supported for SIX YEARS with continuous coding and bug fixing. And it will be again improved as soon as I'm idle again. Still it's the plugin with maybe the longer support and development cycle (I can't remember a single plugin which was improved for six years).

Maybe if Apple was faster (I mean if it released a 64 bits OS BEFORE) and it didn't deprecate carbon and it didn't change the compiler for 3 times I could have it accomplished already.

edit: about what you said about coding forums. I'm really really angry for what you said, you are lacking respect to me, and a lot. I'm coding a lot of things around (not only c++ but also java and j2ee, databases) I think I'm free to partecipate to coding forums and contribute where I think I'm useful. I think I did my homework with nebula and I'm free to have a personal life. If you think I should spend all minutes of my existence on what you think is important to you, and I should complete what's still missing (after 6 years of developments) before turning on my sight just because you think it should be completed already, you are plain wrong. Nebula is NOT paying my bills and I should fill my fridge, my dear.

*prima di fare considerazioni sul nido degli altri, guarda il tuo
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

PreviousNext

Return to Working with Nebula