Login

Mac OS 64 bit | Request | Beg | Plea

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Re: Mac OS 64 bit | Request | Beg | Plea

Postby seeing sounds » Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:39 pm

Hi,

When I use Nebula 64 bit VST Server version wrapped with metaplugin in Pro Tools 11 96khz, Nebula doesn't spread the processing between all the cores properly.

Only one core gets most of the processing before it overloads and the session comes to a halt. Nebula does this way better in 44.1khz. This sucks because Nebula sounds wayyy better in 96khz, retaining the quality and character of the equipment sampled and what not.

I've done trial and error tests using different plugins in metaplugin in PT11 96khz and then using those plugins without metaplugin and the problem seems to be Nebula. I've tested this with all versions of Nebula 64 bit VST that has been released for Mac OSX so far.

I'm using MBP 10.8.5 2.2 GHz Quad Core i7 16GB

I think the only difference between my system and gege's system is that I'm using an internal HDD and not a SSD.. unless he meant that he has 8 physical cores then that would be a difference too.
seeing sounds
User Level II
User Level II

Re: Mac OS 64 bit | Request | Beg | Plea

Postby seeing sounds » Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:50 pm

Oh but I have to say,

the improvements Nebula has seen this year have been absolutely fantastic and I commemorate the Acustica Audio team for working hard and giving us such a wonderful product. My projects have never sounded better.

My only other improvement option:

Let us type in the input/output/gain/etc!
seeing sounds
User Level II
User Level II

Previous

Return to Working with Nebula