Login

Mac OS 64 bit | Request | Beg | Plea

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Re: Mac OS 64 bit | Request | Beg | Plea

Postby daveedwards » Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:02 pm

I downloaded the .6 update but it seems to only be 32 bit in Ableton still, am I missing something or has Pro still not gotten 64 bits on Mac?
daveedwards
User Level II
User Level II

Postby giancarlo » Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:44 pm

at the moment only server version is featuring a 64 bits vst.
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby swartzfeger » Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:52 am

Any status for 64-bit for Nebula Pro for OSX? I'm ready to pull the trigger when the vst is ready for pro and just use a wrapper in Logic X.
swartzfeger
User Level V
User Level V

Postby jelmet » Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:12 am

giancarlo wrote:at the moment only server version is featuring a 64 bits vst.

So, you're saying Server for Mac is 64bit now?

If yes, I'll upgrade tomorrow!
jelmet
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Postby giancarlo » Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:59 am

only windows
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby gege » Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:06 pm

Hi all,

after posting the jBridge solution, considering still the AITB problems and some others having problems porting Nebula to LogicX as AU 64bit, I'd like to say I was involved in Sound Radix 32 Lives beta testing and Nebula performs very well with it.

It's not a free solution, but it's a more stable and retro fully compatible solution to load your AU 32bit version of Nebula into LogicX, and it does it without any bridge (it's smartly wrapped).

I tested it also on complex projects (up to 20/25 instances of Nebula), and in terms of performance the same project in Logic9 and in LogicX (with 32 Lives) works much better in the latter case.

Let's hope AITB will release soon their libraries unprotected.
gege
User Level VI
User Level VI

Postby giancarlo » Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:34 pm

we'll release soon 1.3.602 both for windows and mac osx, it's much more stable
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby gege » Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:39 pm

Looking forward to test it soon :D
gege
User Level VI
User Level VI

Postby FrankydT » Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:47 am

Hi Gege,
I've posted a little trick with the AUs you uploaded to use with the last release 1.3.600 vst 64 (now I'll try 1.3.602) without jBridgeM or other wrappers in Logic 9 64 bit
It's a solution for Snow Leopard users (No 32Lives-I purchased it anyway for the day (if) I'll upgrade to ML and Logic X)
Thread is here:
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=27530

I've also posted a little guide for making Nebula versions (Nebula Compressor, Nebula EQ, Nebula Pre etc) in Logic

Thanks very much!!!
Without your bridged AUs it couldn't be done!!!
Is there a chance you could upload mono versions?
(Please don't hurry)
Or, is there an easy way to make them mono?
Thank you
FrankydT
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby gege » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:54 am

Hi,

thanks for your added guide, I thought about posting the ready to use wrapped version of the new VST 64bit, but from my tests it was not stable enough (waiting for new Giancarlo update).

So far the original 32bit (Pro and Server) is still the most stable of them all, both VST and AU 32bit.

Sadly the mono version is not that easy to do, for some reason cannot compile correctly the wrapper to manage mono, and in the end I found that ML + LogicX + Lives32 is BY FAR the most stable and fastest combination of all the others.

I can open now in that configuration every project I had in Logic9 32bit, and I'm talking about huge and complex stuff with up to 60/80 audio tracks (most stereo ones!) and up to 15/20 VI and hundreds of plugins, and all works perfectly. Actually the update produces far better performances, and it's much more stable than the original Logic9 with same hardware, that's why I also stopped working on a solution that is not optimal.

Thanks for your extended tutorial, hopefully more and more people will update to ML+LogicX and 32 Lives easily and smoothly till Nebula 64bit AU will be definitive. But honestly using this configuration all is beautifully working, and with my script to forcedly authorise plugins you have a neat and well organised menu in LogicX with all 32bit and 64bit plugins working together without wrappers or bridges, even if technically 32 Lives is both but in a very clever transparent way.
gege
User Level VI
User Level VI

PreviousNext

Return to Working with Nebula