Login

Mac OS 64 bit | Request | Beg | Plea

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Re: Mac OS 64 bit | Request | Beg | Plea

Postby gege » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:01 pm

The jBridge, depending on how many are opened, adds a small <3% overhead, that is better than no Nebula at all (Logic X).

About the interface I think you should try and set up the original VST .xml files, once setup there when you lead the bridged (that is the bridged VST) it should take that interface.

Obviously is a temporary solution to allow anyway everyone to use Nebula 'sound' on Logic 9/X while waiting for something more definitive :)
gege
User Level VI
User Level VI

Postby ngarjuna » Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:06 am

I haven't utilized this new solution but I think in regards to the skin problem this might be a possible workaround: figure out the filename of the skin that it keeps defaulting back to (OVERWRITEME.N2S or something like that if I had to guess). Change its name (OLDDEFAULT.N2S or whatever) and rename the skin you want to use OVERWRITEME.N2S or whatever the old default was called.

Alternatively you can try to hunt through XML and change the filename pointer there. My guess is that it's not saving the change (rather than continually overwriting the committed change) but that's just a guess, could be wrong. So I'd personally try the first idea.
ngarjuna
Expert
Expert

Postby noisyneil » Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:16 pm

thanks ngarjuna. that works!
noisyneil
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby giancarlo » Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:09 pm

we are working hard on mac osx lately.
It's a bit more stable also windows version too.
We are working on a new engine, we'll support all new cpu
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby jeffbdavis » Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:47 am

giancarlo wrote:we are working hard on mac osx lately.
It's a bit more stable also windows version too.
We are working on a new engine, we'll support all new cpu

:D
jeffbdavis
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Postby giancarlo » Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:32 pm

compiled core4 for mac osx too. Apparently everything is running flawlessly. We'll start betatesting soon, I'll try to compile all versions tomorrow and to prepare new installers around the end of this week.
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby jeffbdavis » Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:52 pm

Thanks for all the work you're doing, Giancarlo! Can't wait to try the updates...
jeffbdavis
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Postby brp » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:31 pm

wow, that sounds great g!!

i recently put a new system together: i7 3930k c2, asus p9x79 ws, 4x4gb corsair dominator platinum 2400 (oc)... and overclocked it to about 4200ghz / 2400.

but when i want to setup a compressor program proper, meaning using 13.5ms of freqd kernels and prg rate 0.104ms resulting by disabeling rate s and smooth on glob page, my system still makes the scatman... but it seams that's only the case because nebula somehow doesn't distribute its threads proper to the different cpu cores. i use the nebula-reverb, which is ment to be able to handle multithreading. but the meter in the asus software as well as the taskmanager doesn't show a helthy distribution. here in the forum everyone seems to say that these meters are wrong. however, i did the following test: i disabled 5 of the 6 cores and also multithreading so that i could run the system at 4800ghz without thermal problems and guess what? scatman was dead!!!

if you do the math, it becomes obvious that nebula is not able to get the full power out of multicore cpu. and no, it's not the buffer. i tried it with huge buffers everywhere (asio up to 4092).

so now i'm wondering if the new engine is bether regarding multithreading and if not: pleeease make it ;-)

all the best
pascal
brp
User Level IX
User Level IX

Postby giancarlo » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:48 pm

yes it should help
giancarlo
Founder
Founder