Login

Mac OS 64 bit | Request | Beg | Plea

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Re: Mac OS 64 bit | Request | Beg | Plea

Postby noisyneil » Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:52 pm

This is great news! Only thing I can't figure out is... Nebula is only available on stereo channels. I'm fairly certain I used it on mono sources in LP9. Am I the only one with that situation?
noisyneil
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby gege » Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:06 pm

Hi,

no this is something else I forgot to say..you'll get it only on stereo channels, but should be fairly easy problem to sort in Logic either making the track stereo or putting a Gain mono->stereo before Nebula.

Just received a new beta to test...enjoy your Nebula now that you can, from now on is only going to be better ;)
gege
User Level VI
User Level VI

Postby the19thbear » Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:25 pm

I haven't read all 30 pages. But does this give us hope for a rtas32bit/aax64bit version?? Any progress on that?
I went Mac as well and haven't used nebula since.
the19thbear
User Level V
User Level V

Postby fonkyfork » Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:43 pm

It works great for me on LPX/latest mac-mini!
Million thanks!
/J
fonkyfork
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby gege » Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:33 am

Glad to know it works, here is working very stable :)

About PT, sadly I did not get a chance to start with AAX, but I posted already a successful attempt to wrap the VST into RTAS and here is working very well and stable in Pro Tools 9.

Sadly it's using a wrapper that is not public so we cannot use it at the moment..but it's a proof concept of the fact that once the VST 64bit is stable, is possible to wrap it and make perfectly working AUs and RTAS, and for sure also AAX (several developers are using wrappers).

At the moment the AU part is sorted and we're going on with the definitive version of it, I hope RTAS/AAX will come soon after.
gege
User Level VI
User Level VI

Postby the19thbear » Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:25 pm

Great. Would love to get an aax version! It would finally make me use nebula again.
Keep on keeping on!
the19thbear
User Level V
User Level V

Postby gussyg » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:43 pm

quick question gege
when/if the official 64-bit Au does arrive and we install it.. will it load up the settings/libs from this current solution ?
thx
gussyg
User Level X
User Level X

Postby gege » Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:08 am

That's a very good question, sadly presets are a bit of a mess in all this, and at the moment there will be portability.

I'm not sure if it's something we can address, personally I think Nebula is relatively simple so that once you can bring your .xml configuration(s), then is very easy to re-create presets. Personally I tend to use always the same settings/patches, but I understand this can vary.

Anyway there's a big good news: today Giancarlo sent me for test the first 99.9% stable VST 64bit...I think he nailed down the culprit of the problem, direction is right to have a 64bit AU without jBridge as well..but in the meantime (or anyway for compatibility with projects you're working on now) that will stay anyway a valid option :)
gege
User Level VI
User Level VI

Postby jeffbdavis » Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:47 pm

gege wrote:Anyway there's a big good news: today Giancarlo sent me for test the first 99.9% stable VST 64bit...I think he nailed down the culprit of the problem, direction is right to have a 64bit AU without jBridge as well..but in the meantime (or anyway for compatibility with projects you're working on now) that will stay anyway a valid option :)

:D
jeffbdavis
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Postby noisyneil » Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:49 pm

Unlike some other posters' experience, I seem to be able to run Nebula less smoothly when Bridged... possibly because it's stereo? Does that make a difference to the processing load?

Also, I'm trying to select (and save) a different skin (the black one), but it keeps defaulting back to the huge red one. Any suggestions?
noisyneil
User Level 0
User Level 0

PreviousNext

Return to Working with Nebula