Re: Mac OS 64 bit | Request | Beg | Plea

Postby fonkyfork » Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:27 pm

Thank you!!! Will try this tonight!
fonkyfork
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby gege » Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:48 pm

There's also a new update, something I developed to get rid of the Logic Incompatible AUs!

If you want to forcedly authorize Audio Units in Logic (including my Nebula AU64bit) to get rid of [Incompatible] menu and startup warning message, follow these steps:

1) download this app http://cl.ly/222N3P0b3C0G

2) exit Logic. Run the downloaded app to enable the "Validate All AUs" mode, re-launch Logic & re-scan your not valid AUs in Logic to get them validated! You'll get rid this way of the [Incompatible] plugin menu voice, and the startup message warning you're using Incompatible Audio Units.

3) re-launch the app and click Disable. That way all will be back to normal, and validated AUs will remain validated :)

You can use this anytime you want to enable all AUs you want.

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Tested here and working perfectly on OSX 10.8, Logic X and Logic 9 (32bit & 64bit)
gege
User Level VI
User Level VI

Postby teknik » Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:45 pm

I had a little time this morning to test this out and can happily confirm that it WORKS. :D

Thanks for your work gege, we appreciate it!

It is still a *little* clunky in that it involves jBridge, a true 64 bit AU update is still needed I think but for now this is very very good!

I was wondering if this workaround has the plugin working at 64 bit proper, ie able to use more than 4GB of RAM .. haven't had time to push it too hard yet.

Next step for me is to try to get multiple instances of Nebula working with Logic X's new Smart Controls, this would be a really nice way to control multiple instances/bands at once and also avoid having to look at jBridge.

Thanks again, it's nice to have Nebula back in my life without Logic's awful 32-bit bridge!!! All smiles over here :D
teknik
User Level II
User Level II

Postby gege » Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:07 am

Thanks,

happy to know it works well. Technically jBridge allows you to access all RAM beyond the 4gb limit, so that should apply to all bridged plugings including Nebula.

A native bug-free and updated VST 64bit is being developed and once ready it will be wrapped to work natively in 64bit in Logic without jBridge, but this solution I prepared allows and will allow anyone who bought Nebula 3 Pro or Server to use their actual versions in Logic X even without updates or upgrades.

While waiting for the new version of Nebula, at least we can say now that Nebula 3 is 100% compatible with Logic 64bit, it just needs once 5 minutes of work and 10 euro to be ready and working forever :D
gege
User Level VI
User Level VI

Postby teknik » Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:49 am

teknik wrote:Next step for me is to try to get multiple instances of Nebula working with Logic X's new Smart Controls, this would be a really nice way to control multiple instances/bands at once and also avoid having to look at jBridge.

Before anyone gets the same idea, this doesn't work. It will if/when we get the proper 64-bit AU though!
teknik
User Level II
User Level II

Postby gege » Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:58 am

Still have to try it, from what I've seen in Jbridge I think it could work but only if you get all the Nebula "Jbridge" windows open.

Anyway is probably something still too new to work with actual version of wrappers and bridges.

Personally I can say that Nebula 3 Server (the one with the latest Core engine) is really fast and I can use more instances than ever in Logic X, that seems to generally handle heavy loads much better than Logic 9.
gege
User Level VI
User Level VI

Postby gussyg » Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:48 am

Tested and working here ! Gege you are a genius... this is by far the most elegant solution , one very very very happy bunny here :D :) ;) :P :lol:
gussyg
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Postby gege » Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:27 am

Moderators (Enrique or Giancarlo):

Shall we stick the post with step-by-step solution on the forum? And possibly update the title of this post to (Solved) and edit the first post with a link to the solution? It will be easier this way for everyone to know the solution without digging into almost 30 pages of forum :)
gege
User Level VI
User Level VI

Postby jus11 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:59 am

LPX confirmed! And the gui is far more responsive than with Logic's own bridge in LP9.

Gege, giant thanks!

No considering upgrading to the Server version... Worth it?
jus11
User Level IV
User Level IV

Postby gege » Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:11 am

The server version contains still the most up to date code and the client/server solution can be quite useful (seems better to me also on the same machine), but there's no need it's now your choice 8-)

At least now you all can use Nebula in LPX, whatever paid version 3 you got.
gege
User Level VI
User Level VI

PreviousNext

Return to Working with Nebula