Login

Mac OS 64 bit | Request | Beg | Plea

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Re: Mac OS 64 bit | Request | Beg | Plea

Postby jus11 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:31 pm

I have (mostly) gone back to algo in those cases that VCC and VTM cover. Because of the unreliable 32bit bridge in Logic, and the lack of 64 bit AU in Nebula, and especially because of the disgraceful, slightly outrageous lack of communication on the part of AA regarding the 64 bit AU. It pisses me off. I still love the programs but I really don't like AA's consumer policy.

Having said that, I will probably buy whatever is needed for the 64 bit AU version the first day it comes out. IF it ever comes out. For I love the programs. It is just that I am taking the ongoing silence as personal by now. (DO YOU HEAR ME?)

They first promised it two years ago. Then when they finally got some help... What a disappointment they have been, indeed.
jus11
User Level IV
User Level IV

Postby gege » Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:49 pm

I agree with you, and I personally use as well a lot Nebula and also a lot VCC, VTM, almost everything from Slate, Softube and Waves.

Something is going on, I did not have still anything to test on AU 64 bit, but I asked AA to be able to beta test asap an AU 64 bit of Nebula Server based on the VST fixed of the bugs.

It's never easy for a software house to decide if dedicate their time to new products (that means survive) or update previous ones, but I think they're aware they should first fix this 64bit AU for Mac.

Hopefully soon...I'd personally use Nebula even more (not only on busses or reverbs) if with a more stable AU 64bit. They know we are all disappointed, but they have limited resources..we can only hope it will happen soon, so that they can gain back all Mac users and then think about selling us some new products they are working on...
gege
User Level VI
User Level VI

Postby giancarlo » Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:57 pm

Things are now in our path since we are working part time for Acustica. At the moment I'm fixing common bugs
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby jus11 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:29 pm

And this is not one of those?
jus11
User Level IV
User Level IV

Postby grame » Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:07 pm

So is a VST 64 bit available yet? Not still expecting us to pointlessly spend more money on a server version we won't use, surely?
grame
User Level I
User Level I

Postby jus11 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:10 pm

Apple just released Logic Pro X and it seems to have no 32 bit AU support.

I hope this finally makes you prioritize the development of the 64 bit AU.
jus11
User Level IV
User Level IV

Postby gege » Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:42 pm

Yes I just informed Giancarlo and AA about this, suggesting to make this a priority because otherwise now Nebula is out from the main DAWs on the market: Logic (64bit missing) and PT (RTAS and/or AAX missing).

Nebula is a very complex thing, but Giancarlo is working on it these days I think so hopefully we'll have some news soon.

I think the best way (if possible) would be a temporary solution to have the 64bit stable enough to work, and in the meantime probably put Nebula through a rewriting from scratch on their own framework (like Slate and Softube did recently) to have more control, and then release it as Nebula 4 maybe on 64bit PC/Mac including all main formats VST, AU and RTAS/AAX, following the example of other big developers and basically developing only the VST and then working their own custom tailored wrappers to have the other versions.

It works perfectly, adds almost no overhead and it allows a much faster update cycle because there's basically one version and one framework to keep updated.

Let's hope...I'll report soon the behaviour of my custom made AU on Logic X.
gege
User Level VI
User Level VI

Postby SWAN » Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:04 am

....and with new Smart Controls in Logic X it could take Nebula to the next level? We could have pre configures Nebula controllers for channel strips EQ setups etc...

Im thinking of going back to Logic and hope they get Nebula over to 64 AU...
Mac Mini i7 quad 2.6

Logic X
Live 9
Reaper
SWAN
Expert
Expert

Postby kwazdog@hotmail.com » Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:49 am

I'm a logic 9 user and I'd like to get X eventually (sooner than later). I'm going to not just "Request, Beg or Plea" for 64 bit" but I want to add "Grovel" to that list! :cry: :cry: Nebula is hand down the best sounding plug-in I have ever used. I refuse to succumb to VCC (or the like) that just won't "cut it" for me. I will use logic 9 (or any 32 bit supporting app) for as long as I have to (at least to mix or until I can afford some real hardware to get the "sound" that I desire.) but I feel that I shouldn't have to "wait" much longer as a loyal paying customer. I just want to share my perspective and I agree about this being a pivotal, scratch that this is a CRITICAL POINT, now that that Logic X has been released. At this point it seems 64 bit is a absolute necessity if this company wants to "survive". I'm sure many less dedicated users already have or will (especially now) abandon this platform. To me personally "sound" is everything, so even if 64 bit neb is never released I will find a way to integrate it into my set up, at least until other developers can catch up with this great but sadly under supported product. This product has literally changed my "musical life", I'm not sure if the developer understands how much this product really means to us "music loving" engineers and other dedicated users... :?
kwazdog@hotmail.com
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby gege » Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:42 am

Hi all,

as promised I started tests of my Nebula 64bit AU in LogicX (see attachment). We're talking with Giancarlo about preliminary results, it will need more time but compared to Logic 9 the wrapped AU seems much more stable...

Hold on and be patient, for me and for everyone else here I hope this will lead eventually to something good, but it will need more tests that I'll be able to perform in a couple of weeks (at the moment I'm on tour so not much time).
Attachments
logicxnebula.jpg
logicxnebula.jpg (129.4 KiB) Viewed 615 times
gege
User Level VI
User Level VI

PreviousNext

Return to Working with Nebula