Login

Mac OS 64 bit | Request | Beg | Plea

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Re: Mac OS 64 bit | Request | Beg | Plea

Postby gege » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:58 pm

I completely agree...I personally find Reaper very unstable with very complex projects and routings with hardware.

On Windows Nuendo for me is actually the best system, or Cubase for anyone needing the DAW to be more a way also to write.

On Mac I think there's just nothing like Logic, at 64bit (and with most plugins now working at 64bit) it's just blazing fast and stable, from writing a song up to mixing in 5.1 surround.

Anyway I don't see a brilliant future for PT...they're still surviving thanks to their legacy users who invested $$$ in their accelerated hardware..but this is going to be smaller year after year, even now you can find PT HD hardware very cheap on eBay. And with UAD even someone needing DSP accelerated plugins have much more choice and more modern plugins, that can be used with almost every DAW.

Anyway...not sure about Nebula AAX, maybe Giancarlo will surprise everyone, I think at the moment it's still more important (and covering more than 80% of their customers) to go with a stable VST 64bit and AU 64bit for Mac. I can see countless topics emerging on GS with new customers finally able to test Nebula on their Mac professional setups.
gege
User Level VI
User Level VI

Postby brettb12 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:47 am

I upgraded to Server and looked at the downloads. I only see a mac 64x VST Reverb. Is that the one we are supposed to wrap with symbiosis?
brettb12
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby gege » Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:14 am

Yes that's the one, but to be stable it will need some code tweaking with Symbiosis...just try and experiment!
gege
User Level VI
User Level VI

Postby brettb12 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:28 pm

is no one disclosing what code tweaks which are needed for those programming illiterate? can anyone share a process of steps for using symbiosis and provide what codes edits are required? I am on 10.6.8. thanks-B
brettb12
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby cpwade » Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:14 am

berttb12 you just said the unspoken. Great 2nd post. Welcome to the wonderful world of nebula and OSX. A kindred spirit.

If you have been lurking then you know the rest. If you are new, then every wild step and risk is worth every Khz and Guru tweak.

When you learn not to let it get in the way, and you tame the wild horse. You will be amazed. Until then, you will slam you head into the wall and uninstall about three times at least.
best,

paul
cpwade

Postby gege » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:59 pm

Hi, sadly some of the modifications I did needed also some Hexediting on the original Nebula files, that's why I cannot post them here (and honestly, as I said in my posts, they need some advanced coding skills and understanding of the OS, not as easy as step-by-step because specific of the installation and system).

My work was, aside for being for me, an indication for Acustica Audio of an easy way to align to the same philosophy of other software houses: concentrate development on a VST following strict requirements to make more light/compatible and also perfectly adaptable for wrapping.

Many high end and processor intensive plugins are now made this way, they work perfectly and they mean a much faster developing/update because all is concentrated on a single version.

As soon as I receive some info or beta software from the guys, I'll update you here as much as possible: I'm first of all a studio owner so I'm as much interested in a native 64bit version for Mac as all of you :)

The guys promised something rewritten from the ground up...
gege
User Level VI
User Level VI

Postby brettb12 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:41 am

Sorry Gege, you made it sound too easy so I asked..... Yes, I have been lurking for a few months now. I have been using Nebula since the new year and have a good library that I have come to love and think is absolutely amazing. It's just heartbreaking to watch my my 8 core macpro come to a screeching halt with addition of a handful of instances.

I just don't see it as license violation to share a wrapper with people and some instructions code tweaks, especially with people who paid for the Server version too. You're not redistributing their software, just helping people install it and make it work. I have a friend who agreed to come over and do the edits and debugging and compiling for me. He knows C+ very well. But I need a road map for him as he has never worked with a wrapper or Audio units. He writes video games.

That or Acustica could just could just PM me with a link to download the beta. Oh no, I did it again!!!! :-)

Regards,
Brett
brettb12
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby gege » Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:10 am

Problem is that I modified a few things of the original Nebula, not just of the wrapper (that is GPL anyway so no problem).

For this I think I need to wait from AA to know what to do...the last time I spoke with them they told me they were silent because there was some major code writing happening...

I agree that at this point if they cannot release something, as I suggested them they should just have Giancarlo work a full week on a VST64 with all the problems solved, and have an AU64 from that as I told them.

He got from me all logs and info, he knows what are the two major problems (encrypted librarires not loading and a very old GUI system), solved those in the Mac VST64 we'll have Nebula 64bit AU as well..
gege
User Level VI
User Level VI

Postby cpwade » Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:49 am

Well, I think they are up to something stunning, similar to a channel strip yet customizable. Remember the GUI templates that were floating around 2 years ago? I think Giancarlo put them up. I never forgot.

Watch out Slate. :mrgreen:
cpwade

Postby brettb12 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:40 am

Well thanks for the explanation! It sure would be nice to have this working well in logic. I dream of having 4 or 5 macpro's server networked with 4-5 nebula's on every track including busses.

And slate's tape and consoles don't compare to the CDSM, AIB, and HO libraries I have used. Once you use Nebula you can't go back to algo harmonics.
brettb12
User Level 0
User Level 0

PreviousNext

Return to Working with Nebula