Login

Mac OS 64 bit | Request | Beg | Plea

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Re: Mac OS 64 bit | Request | Beg | Plea

Postby gege » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:04 pm

Hi,

sadly that does not depend on me, Giancarlo will have to do something about it but I don't know when..

What I did is using the bridged 32bit only for protected when needed, and then I use my wrapped 64bit for all the rest.

By the way I also noticed that the 32bit bridged version has problems when mixing in Surround 5.1 configuration with Logic, so I had to use there only my own 64bit AU wrapped...be aware for anyone working on 5.1

About the wrapped AU 64bit I gave Giancarlo all details..don't know when they'll release something..I cannot do it on my own as you can imagine.
gege
User Level VI
User Level VI

Postby teknik » Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:34 pm

Bump.
teknik
User Level II
User Level II

Postby andiw » Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:31 am

So, I bought the server upgrade for Mac because someone said it works fine with Studio One. But for me it is unusable: I can't use protected programs (all the aitb stuff, especially EAR) and it crashes Studio One all the time when there's lots of GUI activity. And sometimes there is a loud pop when I load a new Nebula instance ...

And no feedback from the developer ....

Talkin' bout throwin 50 bucks out of the window ...
my music: aj-guitar.com
andiw
User Level IX
User Level IX

Postby Melon_Jack » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:01 am

Andyw, if u use VST64 in Mac - then Yes. AITB stuffs not work with it. AU64 - like a charm. There's a lot of information about this issue. It's not nebula problem. Something with AITB protection system i think.
I'm pretty sure AITB support working on this problem and it will be solved in time.
Sorry for my bad english =))
Melon_Jack

Postby enriquesilveti » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:20 am

andiw wrote:So, I bought the server upgrade for Mac because someone said it works fine with Studio One. But for me it is unusable: I can't use protected programs (all the aitb stuff, especially EAR) and it crashes Studio One all the time when there's lots of GUI activity. And sometimes there is a loud pop when I load a new Nebula instance ...

Hello andiw. We report several issues for Nebula3 PRO Server in S1 2.5x about 6 week ago, no feedback yet, but we didn't get any crash report about AITB AUT system. Please run .LOG into you Nebula and send me a full report (viewtopic.php?f=7&t=369). I'll talk with AITB to find a solution. If we can't obviously we will refund you the upgrade price.
My contact emails is: enrique.silveti AT acusticaudio.net
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support.

MBP 11.5 (i7-4870 | 16 GB | 512 SDD)
SP4 (i5-6300 | 8 GB | 256 SDD)
RME UFX | PS Lyra2 | SD USBPre2
VM U15 | VM W10 | VM OSX 10.12
N4/NAT4 | SPX3 | RX5 | LN2C | Smaart8 | R5 | PT12 | PX10
enriquesilveti
Expert
Expert

Postby grame » Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:02 pm

andiw wrote:So, I bought the server upgrade for Mac because someone said it works fine with Studio One. But for me it is unusable: I can't use protected programs (all the aitb stuff, especially EAR) and it crashes Studio One all the time when there's lots of GUI activity. And sometimes there is a loud pop when I load a new Nebula instance ...

Jeez. Good job I didn't end up throwing away fifty bucks on a server version I don't need just to be able to run OSX Nebula in Studio One 64bit. This is getting comical!
grame
User Level I
User Level I

Postby gege » Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:38 pm

Hello everyone,

I honestly have no idea why there's still no AU64 (I'm using my one constantly) and why still nothing happened about the bugs in the VST64 (protected libraries like AITB, graphic crashes).

The guys told me they're going to accelerate on their development team with more resources..hopefully they'll do something soon before customers completely disappear and go for other products (modern times are tough..once customers are gone it's very hard to be trusted again and there are many competitors).

I still think Nebula is one of the best algorithms around, only Fabrice can do similar quality, but at Acustica they need to understand that Mac 64bit is priority n.1 because it means more 'pro' and 'prosumer' , and it really cannot take months to fix bugs for a product costing 150 euro.

Come on guys we are all waiting to see the new Acustica Audio ;)
gege
User Level VI
User Level VI

Postby jus11 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:55 pm

Yep, it is very dissappointing. Again.

Not even one public comment on what they have been doing after the great work Gege did on behalf of them. It seems that this is the old Acustica, and there will not be a new one.

What a waste of a great possibility.
jus11
User Level IV
User Level IV

Postby gege » Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:14 pm

I agree, I think more small and smarter companies are using the Nebula idea and doing modern working plugins..it's a shame.

I'm personally not too disappointed because I bought a license second hand from internet and then upgraded to Server (yes I paid for it even if I bought it for tests), but at 150 euro is a quite expensive plugin if compared with the others, and for people to understand how much instead very convenient, there should be monthly updated and bugifxed plugins working on all platforms.

From my understanding the base code and the 'philosophy' behind it is a very advanced algorithm but with a quite 'old' user interface and plugin/frontend code, something that should be updated now to let customers use what they paid for, and in the meantime rewritten to offer a modern plugin in line with Slate, Softube, UA etc.

Enrico told me there were going to be big news...but I personally think (and I hoped, doing my tests) they should understand that in the meantime there must be weekly/monthly updates, replies on forum with ETAs, because customers cannot wait months..cannot work that way. I honestly received quicker responses (and beta code to fix my problem!) from a giant company like Waves!

Small companies like AA should base their business on speed and flexibility, I think...the product is top class, the people are great, all is really just waiting for the correct way to be developed and marketed.

Let's hope they'll see all the potential money/customers they're loosing..
gege
User Level VI
User Level VI

Postby davidgary73 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:43 pm

Nebula it's one of the best software made for us ITB users but the true fact that they only have one developer or maybe small handful of 2-3 others helping out, i doubt they can deliver any updates as fast as Waves, Slate etc does.

No matter how much we can plead, beg, bump this thread for another hundred times or so, we will not have any concrete or solid answers as to when we will see a 64bit AU Nebula because the develop himself is not even sure if he can deliver a proper working software given there's so much bugs he has to deal with.

Surely it has been a very long period time of waiting and without any updates for the developer thus far, the only thing we can do is to believe that we will see a working version soon.

Cheers
MacPro 2 x 2.4 Ghz 6 Core Intel Xeon • 28GB Ram •
Logic Pro X 10.2.4 • OSX 10.11.6 • VEP 6 •
Magenta 3 • Green 3 • Navy • Pink • Sand • Lime • Nebula3 Server Ultimate •
http://www.purevolume.com/DavidGary
davidgary73

PreviousNext

Return to Working with Nebula