Login

Mac OS 64 bit | Request | Beg | Plea

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Re: Mac OS 64 bit | Request | Beg | Plea

Postby giancarlo » Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:17 am

sr2000 wrote:I'm not a coder - but couldn't you ask for help from someone at Apple - or maybe on their developer forums? Maybe even simplify the gui - I'm sure everyone here would rather have Nebula as 64bit w/an ugly interface than to have no 64bit at all

I can't even tell you how many times Nebula 32bit has crashed my Logic sessions (which can cost me anywhere from 2-20 minutes to reload depending on the size of the session.) It's not just that it's a minor inconvenience - it's virtually unusable in it's current form

our c++ library is available, so if someone is interested he could create a 64 bits version with an ugly interface. For sure vstgui is giving issues
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby giancarlo » Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:18 am

pinnocio wrote:Stopped using nebula (32bit of course) and buying any 3rd party library like 8 months ago... Downloaded the latest version and didn't even bother installing it.

Oh well... :|

but I suppose old version 1.3.492 is working... apple channged too many things
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby jus11 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:38 pm

giancarlo wrote:
sr2000 wrote:I'm not a coder - but couldn't you ask for help from someone at Apple - or maybe on their developer forums? Maybe even simplify the gui - I'm sure everyone here would rather have Nebula as 64bit w/an ugly interface than to have no 64bit at all

I can't even tell you how many times Nebula 32bit has crashed my Logic sessions (which can cost me anywhere from 2-20 minutes to reload depending on the size of the session.) It's not just that it's a minor inconvenience - it's virtually unusable in it's current form

our c++ library is available, so if someone is interested he could create a 64 bits version with an ugly interface. For sure vstgui is giving issues

Someone please make that. I really don't care how ugly it would be. All that matters is the sound and the 64 bit easiness.
jus11
User Level IV
User Level IV

Postby pinnocio » Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:05 pm

Although I speak for myself, I'm sure many will agree with me. I don't care about the GUI.. If, just for willing customers a GUI-less version can be made - like those ugly apple plugins in logic/GB, you'd make us f#%$€ happy. :-)
pinnocio
User Level I
User Level I

Postby daveedwards » Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:22 pm

Someone who would know how to do this is Chris over at Airwindows. For those who have not used his excellent plugins they are literally non-gui plugs, they just have the basic sliders apple built into the AU plugins you can find in logic. I'd happily take that to get things 64 bit for the time being.
daveedwards
User Level II
User Level II

Postby souljah » Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:26 pm

daveedwards wrote:Someone who would know how to do this is Chris over at Airwindows. For those who have not used his excellent plugins they are literally non-gui plugs, they just have the basic sliders apple built into the AU plugins you can find in logic. I'd happily take that to get things 64 bit for the time being.

+1 its funny how long uad went to 64 and there was huge beggin goin on, all the time. Only way to get there i guess is showing the demand. good thread!lol
souljah
User Level II
User Level II

Postby dpclarkson » Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:20 pm

From the Soundtoys website:

On Macintosh, due to changes in the Apple SDKs, 64-bit native support has required a substantial rewrite of our graphics and file handling software. This is a fairly large and complicated section of our core software, and it is a major undertaking. We have made very good progress on this, however there is still quite a bit more work to be done on this very time-intensive porting project.

I've done some testing with the 64bit vst server version
in Studio One v2.5.
So far no graphic issues.
The plugin crashes Studio One just once, after you've
made a new copy of the vst, after that, it runs just fine.
I didn't notice any increased cpu usage with this version.
dpclarkson

Postby jus11 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:20 pm

pinnocio wrote:Although I speak for myself, I'm sure many will agree with me. I don't care about the GUI.. If, just for willing customers a GUI-less version can be made - like those ugly apple plugins in logic/GB, you'd make us f#%$€ happy. :-)

Exactly. This thread has been viewed almost 10000 times. There is not just a few of us.

Please, Giancarlo.
jus11
User Level IV
User Level IV

Postby SWAN » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:14 am

has this project stopped or is it still coming...Im going to go 64 bit and Nebula is one of if not the most important plugin effect in my arsenal.
Mac Mini i7 quad 2.6

Logic X
Live 9
Reaper
SWAN
Expert
Expert

Postby jkervin » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:47 pm

Yes please! 64 bit version would be wonderful :D
jkervin
User Level X