Login

Mac OS 64 bit | Request | Beg | Plea

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Re: Mac OS 64 bit | Request | Beg | Plea

Postby cpwade » Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:24 am

*edit*
Last edited by cpwade on Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
cpwade

Postby cpwade » Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:49 am

*edit*
Last edited by cpwade on Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
cpwade

Postby sfunk » Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:04 pm

edit-reply deleted. Don't want to start agro. Lets see what the new year brings.
sfunk

Postby pinnocio » Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:18 pm

cpwade, as I was reading both your typical/generic "I'm unique/different. I don't think and want what most people probably want" - which is a huge reason why I don't hang out in forums and such, I came across the line that changed my entire perspective; why should I give a ... if it was PC only program? it isn't now and I'm betting the whole reason for that is - tam tam tam taaaam = expansion aka more customers aka a bigger user base = more money for development and well... living, so with all due respect, I find your post misleading and frankly, irrelevant. We were asking for a 64bit, we want more customers for Nebula to keep and increase development times and innovations - Waves for example, (which I don't like btw) doesn't have and have yet to reveal and release date for a 64bit version just stating - next year... ahhamm.. and they're WAVES, the whole american-capitalists-moneymakers-lier-greedy bastards (that are primarily based in Israel so...). Oh, and if it meant for Nebula to become the best that it can, yeah, I wouldn't mind the server being 350EU, you pay for what you get don't you? and if you pay 300$ for a waves plugin, well... hahaha, same thing but they got what you payed for ;)

Honestly? it was kind of offensive to get a response like "okok", but I figured it to be "I'm getting there, just wait a little more". Now after sfunk's posts, I get the feeling I was being shushed, not cool.

I just had a short "conversation" (email) with SKnote (forgot his name). Turned out his "verbtone" 64bit's version crashed Logic's validation.. When I said how I wished to use it on my vocals he asked me when are we due to start mixing stating he will try and fix it before that.. I believe that though he wanted me to use my purchased product, he wanted his product to appear on the vocals for a new album (even though he didn't hear any of the demos) - that's expanding man - and guess what, SKnote began also as a PC only....
Like I said, generic.

sfunk, I had a chance to read your post before you deleted and edited it, I mainly agree with what you wrote, it was just a bit harsh.. I do hope that the one who should read it, did so.

Yoav
pinnocio
User Level I
User Level I

Postby cpwade » Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:55 pm

Fair enough, opinions and reactions respected.

I went on a full rant after having just come from the reading GS nebula post. My post was out of line, and clearly in the wrong thread, directed at the wrong individuals.

My motive is this, I want the developer base and the 3rd party library devs to feel less discouraged. Trust me, right now it's in the air.

Again, my apologies.
cpwade

Postby Davidoo » Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:35 pm

any estimation about when it's due to be release?
I've been waiting for that version in over a year :?
Davidoo
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby david1103 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:20 am

well here is another angle, will probably piss more people off :)

i myself don't care if there is never a Mac OS 64bit version. the main user base is PC, and the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.

there are many massive nebula upgrades that have been announced a LONG time ago that are not here (and nobody knows if they ever will be, as there is no official release date for anything) (remember 20+ kernals of distortion, 'true' cuda). these are *vital* to the future of nebula and all development time should be spent on them! IMAGINE 20+ kernals of distortion, we could have incredible sounds that are impossible on nebula today..

how about the new nebula engine that shares memory per instance (from the server version)? how many users are enjoying this? this tech is hidden away in the server version nobody needs.

why the hell doesn't alexb team up with acustica audio and the reaper team. embed on every channel a console emulation slot using nebula tech and alex's samples? they can just rent it out to reaper people. goodbye slate, this would blow away everything out there... the forums would explode.

there are a million ways this tech could be being used it is not. development basically stalled years ago, there has been no major features for a long time, just fiddling with the GUI. we should be on nebula 7.11 by now. please no more new versions for different systems! nebula ipad, nebula android, nebula bbc model b... one killer amazing bug free state of the art program. if it was as good as it could be then people would buy a pc to use it :). if the case was reversed i would buy a mac, the price of the sampled hardware would make it wise.

** 99% accurate ** Roland RE-201 with no artifacts, all sample rates, sound quality as good as nebula eq, great GUI. people with ears would buy on the spot, that was meant to happen with aqua, but what happened? progress is too slow. read this:

http://varietyofsound.wordpress.com/201 ... in-series/

if this man's reputation is anything to go by, we maybe on the brink of amazing realistic distortion emulation. and... it will be free. things never stay the same. nebula is the best tech TODAY. it needs to stay that way.

it is almost THE best sound engine ever. get rid of the artifacts, sort out compression and it is the best. the engine and samples should be rented to 3rd parties. this would mean everyone could do what they do best and take nebula tech to the skies :)

there is my rant, feel better now i got it out, will shut up now. :twisted: :oops:
david1103
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby pinnocio » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:32 am

Sorry man, can't imagine 20+ Kernels... Wouldn't buy a PC if Nebula were PC only... Don't care about another "new and exciting" saturation plugin... I can however imagine 64bit. I do have a MAC and I already have enough saturation s#$t...

Peace
Yoav
pinnocio
User Level I
User Level I

Postby elam » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:25 am

david1103 wrote: feel better now i got it out, will shut up now.

From the heart david1103 ... Strait and clear.

Sorry for the OP, it's OT, but it's good to grab your point of view.

It's been a while I checked Bootsie work.Thanks for the link.

May people meditate on this...
elam
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby sfunk » Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:05 pm

david1103 wrote:
why the hell doesn't alexb team up with acustica audio and the reaper team. embed on every channel a console emulation slot using nebula tech and alex's samples? they can just rent it out to reaper people. goodbye slate,

Good god if ONLY. Judging from what "Slate" has done in the past he'd get someone to take the code, slap some masonic loooking GUI over it and then spam every forum know to man and pay off every single pro audio user in the universe to endorse it.

However good point about these other features. I forgot about the additional kernels and memory sharing. I might get flack for this but i remember saying or thinking the server was a waste of time as there were so many other aspects of what we had that needed improving.
sfunk

PreviousNext

Return to Working with Nebula