Login

Mac OS 64 bit | Request | Beg | Plea

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Mac OS 64 bit | Request | Beg | Plea

Postby pinnocio » Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:05 am

Dear Nebula Pro (Server) developers,
this isn't one of those - "it's not fair", "come on already.." etc posts about not having 64bit support for Mac users. This is a genuine request/beg/plea for such an update.

Using Logic's 32bit bridge, I find myself choosing NOT to use Nebula in many situations just because it's very time consuming.. Nebula isn't your typical open-set-forget plugin, it takes a little time to load, the library is huge and sometimes you need to find the right preset - not to mention the constant check of input volume.. and well... in Logic it's a pain in the ass with the 32bit bridge.

If I had a 64bit version I would fu#$ing use Nebula on almost every channel.. I just love this plugin, heard some of the best EQs and Reverbs in my life with it... It's a genuine plea/etc.. for "please think of me and others like myself and help us".

All the best,
Yoav
pinnocio
User Level I
User Level I

Re: Mac OS 64 bit | Request | Beg | Plea

Postby giancarlo » Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:01 pm

okok
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby dejanilly » Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:23 pm

+1

Happy new year :))))
dejanilly
User Level I
User Level I

Postby sfunk » Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:16 pm

Just posted on another thread. When can we expect another update? Getting bored asking for 64bit Mac now. Over a year is it?
sfunk

Postby sfunk » Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:28 pm

Any updates? Always good to keep customers informed.

Thanks
sfunk

Postby cpwade » Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:28 am

*edit*
Last edited by cpwade on Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
cpwade

Postby richie43 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:39 am

I don't use a Mac, but this thread is even making me cringe a bit.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby sfunk » Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:14 pm

Ballbusting? I love Nebula but the customer service is overly curt at times. Paid mac users (i have both Neb and server, the only reason i bought server was because i thought i would get better performance but hey that was wrong) have been asking for 64bit for a long long time now and posts like this either get ignored or a reply like "okok"

Cringe all you like in private but don't try and make me feel that i am being unreasonable
sfunk

Postby pinnocio » Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:49 pm

and I like the word "Bullbustin"!

Seriously though, though I share sfunk's frustration, I do know that as a paying customer, I have a working software and have "nothing to complain" about.

Having said that, as a paying MAC customer (Server by the way) I do feel that I'm considered "less important/valuable" than the PC one and that is just wrong and lets face it, if I feel and other mac users/owners feel that way, I'm guessing many potential buyers are as well and that's even worse;

Asking and frankly requiring a 64 bit version which will make my workflow so much easier is not just my right but as I see it, a must from the developer's point of view. Nebula will NEVER get to its full potential, and I'm not talking just programming wise, I'm talking 3rd party developers, community etc - in its current state (mind you that we only have a very few - windows exclusive Aqua powered plugins... and they're all 32bit - for windows!). We have our 5-6 3rd party developers and some of them didn't update in almost a year... If you think it has nothing to do with the community and the mac user crowd you're wrong. I want Nebula to grow, get even better and see Nebula 4 soon featuring some amazing new features and even better realizem, correct me if I'm wrong Giancarlo, but that will not happen without a bigger, more active user database and paying customers.

I don't mind helping where and however I can, for free of course. You can contact me via my email and I will be more than happy to help but consider what I've said and think of the future of Nebula cause honestly, though I'm not really active on forums and such, I have a feeling Nebula is not where it's supposed to be and that's the real shame.

Yoav
pinnocio
User Level I
User Level I

Postby sfunk » Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:39 pm

pinnocio-well said. Sorry if i sound agitated but i went from being a Nebula user who said to everyone i knew "Get Nebula, support it, get it now!" to "well........the sound quality is great but........"
sfunk

Next

Return to Working with Nebula