Login

Plugin cannot be run...The COM object failed to initialize

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Plugin cannot be run...The COM object failed to initialize

Postby Ringo » Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:17 am

I just updated my Nebula 3 Pro Bundle to the latest 1.3.504. Since then I get a message saying "The plug-in could not be run. One or more components to run this plug-in may be missing. If a hardware key (dongle) is required to operate this plug-in, ensure that it is properly installed. The COM object failed to initialize".

I get this message with Sony products, namely ACID Pro 7 and Sound Forge Pro 10. It also locked up Samplitude to the point that I had to do a hard reset. But it does work in some other programs, like VSTHost. I am thinking that this may be an authorization issue - I installed and uninstalled the program and the 1.3.504 update three times to no avail. And it seems like not all of the presets are available but I didn't count them so I'm not sure. But it does seem as if not all of the programs are showing so it may just be an authorization issue. I have submited my .SER file, I hope that this cures the problem but if it's something else than I need help here. Thank you.
Ringo
User Level III
User Level III

Re: Plugin cannot be run...The COM object failed to initialize

Postby richie43 » Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:25 am

If you have had it authorized once already, you may just need to re-run your license file. It also sounds like your update may have not been installed in the same place as the original install.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby Ringo » Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:55 am

Yes my new files didn't go in the same folder as the old ones. I tried to put them there but they never end up there. The installer always creates a couple of new folders more so by the time you've updated several times your plugins are like fifteen folders down. There really needs to be a new way of updating Nebula 3 Pro Bundle. When you upgrade any other software it simply overwrites the old file. Not so with Nebula. You can direct it to the folder where your .dll's go but it will just create a couple of new folders, leaving the old ones intact. That's not really correct and should be fixed. Every time I update Nebula there is some sort of a problem. Why can't the new files simply go into the same folder as the old ones and copy over them instead of making more new folders and leaving the old ones behind? That can't be right.
Ringo
User Level III
User Level III

Postby Mauri » Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:48 am

In the case of Cubase 64bit on Windows 64bit you need to install any updates/upgrades into C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VSTPlugins

In other words, install into the folder which already contains the "acustica" folder, not into the "acustica" folder itself.

You can delete all the new "acustica" folders inside the original "acustica" folder, then re-install the upgrades according to my instructions above.

Mauri.
Cubase Pro 8 x64 + jBridge, W10 x64 Dual Boot on 2 SSDs + 3 SSDs for samples & project files, i7 5930K @ 4.2GHz, ASUS X99 Pro, 32GB RAM, RME HDSPe AIO, 2 x UAD2 Solo, Mackie HR624 MK2, 2 x 24" BenQ LED monitors, Nebula 3 Pro & Server x64.
Mauri
User Level X
User Level X

Return to Working with Nebula