Login

Upgrade vs. Updates

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Upgrade vs. Updates

Postby arrangeit » Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:17 pm

Just purchased the Pro 3 version and used
SetupNebula3 Pro 1.3.400 as my original install.

There are 2 other files labeled
UpgradeNebula3 Pro 1.3.412 and UpgradeNebula3 Pro 1.3.413.

Are these updates or upgrades from other versions of Nebula?

If they are updates, do they install 'over-top'? Is the latest upgrade in Beta or A-okay? Do I need to wait for completion of the .ser authorization process to update? Do they need to be installed in sequential order?

I initially assumed these were updates, but my attempts at updating did no fare well.

Thanks in advance for your time...
-arrangeit
arrangeit
User Level I
User Level I

Re: Upgrade vs. Updates

Postby TranscendingMusic » Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:08 pm

The nomenclature is a bit funky, yes but traditionally the way these have always been labeled is, "Setup" in the name indicates an actual full installation where the .ser must be re-installed. "Upgrade" is usually an update file and you can just install on top.
mixing | mastering
Win 10 x64 | Sonar Platinum x64 | 3930K(OC)
TranscendingMusic
Expert
Expert

Postby arrangeit » Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:20 pm

Thanks Bob...I got a serial authorization app as an attachment in my email, so I'll run that and try the upgrade.

Best,
-arrangeit
arrangeit
User Level I
User Level I

Postby arrangeit » Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:12 am

UpgradeNebula3 Pro 1.3.413 crashes Reaper (latest).
Tried it with my old dongled SX2 as a test and it crashed as well.

Reaper crash necessitated a hard reset for the PC.

Reset to original install...

As a side note...I run the .ser app and then what? Is there a page to indicate that I am now a legit user? I can run programs with or without running the .ser app so I am obviously missing the point.

Can you tell I've spent several hours on this :? :? :?
arrangeit
User Level I
User Level I

Postby enriquesilveti » Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:41 am

Hello arrangeit. Acustica Audio product are very complex, I hope this help you...

Upgrade means change your product for a higher one, example: change Nebula 2 to Nebula3PRO. An update is a new version from the product thar you already own that should run with better performance, fix several bugs or issues and add new feature.

Nebula3PRO is the higher commercial product available from Acustica Audio so you can only update. Updates posted into official Acustica Audio website are NOT beta version but some times adding a fix make a new issues so we decide to keep 2 or 3 updates available for download into official Acustica Audio website.

SetupNebula3 Pro 1.3.400 was hard tested before released to the customers and you should install it and request your INIT emulation program (customer key) according your .SER file.

If you update for a higher version and does not run as before, or add a new issues/bug or even worse, crash your system/DAW/sequencer you should report it in order to Acustica Audio can fix it in a next update (Acustica Audio crash / bug report > http://www.acustica-audio.com/forum/ind ... =viewtopic) and go back to lasted stable update.

If you go back to lasted setup .exe (now SetupNebula3 Pro 1.3.400) your INIT emulation program (customer key) will be overwrite so you MUST re install your customer key or request a new one if you didn't back up it.

Saludos,
Enrique Silveti
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support.

MBP 11.5 (i7-4870 | 16 GB | 512 SDD)
SP4 (i5-6300 | 8 GB | 256 SDD)
RME UFX | PS Lyra2 | SD USBPre2
VM U15 | VM W10 | VM OSX 10.12
N4/NAT4 | SPX3 | RX5 | LN2C | Smaart8 | R5 | PT12 | PX10
enriquesilveti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby arrangeit » Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:18 am

Thank you Enrique,

Your time responding to my questions is appreciated. I received a polite message from Giancarlo last night as well...great customer service here.

I finally found a way to get 1.3.413 running. I won't describe it here, but if anyone has a similar problem I can give a step by step description. The 1.3.412 release notes
(crash fixes, bug fixes, less ram usage, faster loading, DSPBUFFER parameter available in the MAST page) made the upgrade sound quite useful/necessary.

I gather then that I must re-submit my authorization. When I get the app attachment in the return email, am I require to run it? I can't determine if it makes any difference...

Cheers,
arrangeit
arrangeit
User Level I
User Level I

Return to Working with Nebula