Login

Installing Nebula on a multi-boot computer

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Re: Installing Nebula on a multi-boot computer

Postby giancarlo » Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:21 pm

you should isolate init file (the key) from ALL other one. Install each nebula in a different folder and use alternativedatapth for the big shared folder
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby elam » Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:37 pm

Thanks G.I'll try that right now.I got a short hour.I'll keep you updated.
elam
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby elam » Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:50 pm

When you say "isolate" you mean "take them of" all folder except the one in the same folder than my big library ?

Update :
So far each Nebula is in its folder.I point the same "big shared" folder with "alternativedatapath".I even point it with the 2 drive letters (which is exacly the same big shared folder,just to be sure you got me)like Enrique mention to be sure Nebula pick something up.

It's still not working.

I tried to "take of" the INIT files in the x64 repository.(Of course I got the "keys missing" message).
I tried to "take of" the INIT files in the x86 repository (where my big shared folder is).Again Nebula x64 can't read the presets.
elam
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby elam » Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:20 am

OK end of the story here.(and end of my confusing posts ;) )
I knew it was nothing ...

I just forget the very last "\" at the end of the "alternativedatapath" command.
It was enough for Nebula to don't understand it.

Thanks for the help.
elam
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby enriquesilveti » Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:56 am

The issues here is that both partition use the same INIT files? Should not! That the reason to move all emulation less INIT to other folder and/or partition. Nebula don't care the path if Nebula see the emulation preset will load it, if the partition and/or HDD is slow will load slow. In my opinion you should think into have a second HDD only for libraries, not only Nebula libraries audio libraries too. I already have issues here with that and we may update our system HDD from 320 GB to 1 TB.

To be clean I understand that you are using only one HDD for OS and libraries...

elam wrote:Enrique.Maybe I wasn't clear enuff.I just keep a multi-boot to be able to read old projects and be able to enter Win 7 in case of viruses or big crash.
And for a smooth transition,for a limited time.Soon I will exclusively work in Win 7.

I don't want to move my n2p/n2v.I want them to stay where they are.
What I want is my Nebula x64 to "find them".That's it.

I understand created two "alternativedatapath" to be sure that one will be recognized.

But again in my case I don't want to move my full library.My system "room" is optimized they're good where they are.

Does that make sense ?
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support.

MBP 11.5 (i7-4870 | 16 GB | 512 SDD)
SP4 (i5-6300 | 8 GB | 256 SDD)
UFX | Lyra2 | USBPre2
VM U15 | VM Win10 | VM OSX 10.12
N4/NAT4 | SPX3 | RX5 | LN2C | Smaart8 | R5 | PT12 | PX10 | NIK5
enriquesilveti
Expert
Expert

Previous

Return to Working with Nebula