Login

GDRIVE

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Re: GDRIVE

Postby enriquesilveti » Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:38 pm

gurth wrote:And what about consoles, what happens if the patch does not work for a program, will I not see the g drive slider or will the program not work at all?

You report to the 3rd developer (that already have the own beta test team) and if he can't fix it we create a issue/bug report for solve it.
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support.

MBP 11.5 (i7-4870 | 16 GB | 512 SDD)
SP4 (i5-6300 | 8 GB | 256 SDD)
RME UFX | PS Lyra2 | SD USBPre2
VM U15 | VM W10 | VM OSX 10.12
N4/NAT4 | SPX3 | RX5 | LN2C | Smaart8 | R5 | PT12 | PX10
enriquesilveti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby richie43 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:01 am

The presets that didn't work for me failed completely. I got the dreaded "init" at load. THAT'S why you need to back up the program folder first.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby faun2500 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:59 am

And that is why I'm not touching it!

Sorry, I know we are all for supporting each other and the dev's but I feel this is their job to do this and I am waiting for that!

I guess I will see which dev is quick to respond and update their programs. This will influence the purchase of future libraries for me. :P
Forthcoming releases on: Black Heart Label, Hyperdrive and Transfixion. http://soundcloud.com/100mg. 6 FREE Downloads on my soundcloud page. Nebula ALL over these trax!
faun2500
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby Definity » Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:12 pm

Sweat i asked for this feature to added a while ago, nice work giancarlo!
Definity

Postby richie43 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:48 pm

faun2500 wrote:And that is why I'm not touching it!

Sorry, I know we are all for supporting each other and the dev's but I feel this is their job to do this and I am waiting for that!

I guess I will see which dev is quick to respond and update their programs. This will influence the purchase of future libraries for me. :P

It truly is easy and safe. Just make a backup of your very small Neb program folder and patch away. The very few that didn't work for me were actually one's that already had the features that I was trying to add, like the HP sidechain on a few compressors. And while I understand your hesitation, I personally still feel that their time is better spent doing the things that we CAN'T do ourselves, like develope more cool and amazing sounding libraries. If these libraries cost much more, I would expect more from them. But if you do the math and figure out how much these devs actually make for their time, you may see that we are already getting an incredible bargain. I for one am glad that I took the 10 minutes it took for me to patch ALL of my preamp libraries and ALL of my compressor libraries and now have better functionality for zero additional money! I like that!

Thanks again Giancarlo and any other Acustica dev, by the way!!
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby faun2500 » Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:38 pm

Yeah, I'm going to give this a go I think. :geek:
Forthcoming releases on: Black Heart Label, Hyperdrive and Transfixion. http://soundcloud.com/100mg. 6 FREE Downloads on my soundcloud page. Nebula ALL over these trax!
faun2500
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby gurth » Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:49 pm

I even did the reel to real and some alex b consoles.
No problems at all. just make a copy of your programs and you'll be fine.
gurth
User Level X
User Level X

Postby Cupwise » Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:28 am

it's safe. to be sure, you probably should go ahead and back up any n2ps you are going to patch first. those files are small so it's absolutely no deal at all to copy all of those to someplace safe, then patch away. with backups the risk is pretty much 0.

the only issue with gdrv, in my opinion, is that it makes it tempting to keep raising gain until you get nasty distortion from overloading nebula- unless you have neb's built in over protection turned on. that distortion can seem to just come out of nowhere (after you pass highest point that was actually sampled).

one thing i think it SHOULD do, is put to rest any complaints about certain programs/sets not being released with the 18DBFS=0vu standard (or any other). for people who batch process stuff before mixing and rely on that standard, what they can do with anything they have/want to use that doesn't use that standard, is adjust gdrv to their taste with that effect- using their EARS. then when they get a good result with audio going in at the levels they intend to use when batch processing, they can just save that preset. so now whenever they do batch, they've personally 'calibrated' that preset to the level that sounded best to them earlier....

i also have to say that richie43 has a great point about people doing things that they can do, leaving devs to spend their time elsewhere like developing new ideas. i say this even though i personally have made an effort to (slowly) go back and update most of my older stuff to include things like gdrv. that's just my personal choice to do that, and i probably won't do that every time some new thing like this comes out. there are always plenty of other things to do as a developer, and a lot of those things are more time consuming than using a simple patch like this, and may actually make new progress in other directions.

these small patches are simple to apply, but for the devs it becomes more of a task to update a whole back catalog when there is always a full plate of other things to do.
Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Postby tonedeaf » Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:24 pm

Happy New Year everyone

Please dont mind my stupid question... but how do I do the patch on a mac??? Does this patch works on mac?

Thanks
tonedeaf
User Level IV
User Level IV

Postby creecey » Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:28 pm

Hi!

With regard to GDRIVE, how do you actually patch the program files? I have NAT and have downloaded the preamp and compressor "patches" that Giancarlo posted.

I understand how to get the .n2p files into NAT and backing up your program folder etc. Just puzzled about the actual patching process itself.

Any help or a pointer to a relevant post would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Colin
creecey
User Level I
User Level I

PreviousNext

Return to Working with Nebula