Login

More sidechain questions.

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Re: More sidechain questions.

Postby richie43 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:17 am

Update;

OMG!!! :o :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :D

Need I say more? That is awesome stuff. Thanks Giancarlo. I even applied the preamp patch to things that I didn't expect to be cool, like the Fate PreComp preset.... very cool. And thanks mplay for having the patience to help me through the steps. Very, very cool.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert
 
Posts: 4868
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:47 pm
Location: Minnesota, USA

Re: More sidechain questions.

Postby barron » Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:41 am

Mplay wrote:Also the pre-amp patch is wonderful! Being able to drive the input whilst the output is compensated makes it so much easier to hit the program at the right level. Definitely worth setting up. Don't forget to back-up your programs, like the big G says!


This sounds fantastic but I'm guessing the patch can only be applied on Windows, right ? and not on Mac ? :roll:

If so, looks like another library Mac users will need to wait for an update for. Would be great to use the AlexB Preamp Suite with this feature!
barron
User Level I
User Level I
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:52 pm

Re: More sidechain questions.

Postby giancarlo » Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:00 pm

using a windows pc you could EDIT you N2P files elsewhere, and use from your mac osx
User avatar
giancarlo
Founder
Founder
 
Posts: 9210
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:40 pm
Location: Italy

Re: More sidechain questions.

Postby futur2 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:10 pm

i think the new NAT options are great (thanks g!) and i will probably patch the libraries myself but i think it would be much better if the library developers provided that service (if it's so easy as everyone says it should be no problem at all). it can get confusing very fast especially for nebula noobs...
futur2
Member
Member
 
Posts: 303
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:16 pm

Re: More sidechain questions.

Postby richie43 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:45 pm

futur2 wrote:i think the new NAT options are great (thanks g!) and i will probably patch the libraries myself but i think it would be much better if the library developers provided that service (if it's so easy as everyone says it should be no problem at all). it can get confusing very fast especially for nebula noobs...


Believe me, I am a complete Nat noob, and I patched my preamps and compressors very easily. If I can do it, then ANYONE can! :P And while I agree that it would be a nice service from the devs, I look at it this way; For the quality of the product we get and at the price we get it for,compared to the time (and expertise) required to develop and provide these products, it is a very small thing that we as users can do for ourselves and not expect more from the devs. If I know that Alex, Michael, or any of the other devs needed to decide what to do one day- patch an existing library, or work on a new one, I would rather that they work on a new one!! Besides, one of the costs that the devs incur is the bandwidth for us to download, and if we do these patches ourselves, there's a few pennies for them. Copy and save your nebula n2p files and patch a few. When you see how easy it is, do whole libraries. It's easy and worth it.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert
 
Posts: 4868
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:47 pm
Location: Minnesota, USA

Re: More sidechain questions.

Postby futur2 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:02 pm

richie43 wrote:
futur2 wrote:i think the new NAT options are great (thanks g!) and i will probably patch the libraries myself but i think it would be much better if the library developers provided that service (if it's so easy as everyone says it should be no problem at all). it can get confusing very fast especially for nebula noobs...


Believe me, I am a complete Nat noob, and I patched my preamps and compressors very easily. If I can do it, then ANYONE can! :P And while I agree that it would be a nice service from the devs, I look at it this way; For the quality of the product we get and at the price we get it for,compared to the time (and expertise) required to develop and provide these products, it is a very small thing that we as users can do for ourselves and not expect more from the devs. If I know that Alex, Michael, or any of the other devs needed to decide what to do one day- patch an existing library, or work on a new one, I would rather that they work on a new one!! Besides, one of the costs that the devs incur is the bandwidth for us to download, and if we do these patches ourselves, there's a few pennies for them. Copy and save your nebula n2p files and patch a few. When you see how easy it is, do whole libraries. It's easy and worth it.


i know what you're saying, the whole community thing. i am not afraid at all to patch them myself, no prob. it's just that things get messed up easily, they always do ;) with things like that i believe in centralization...
futur2
Member
Member
 
Posts: 303
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:16 pm

Re: More sidechain questions.

Postby richie43 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:25 pm

futur2;

I hear you. Just my 2 cents worth.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert
 
Posts: 4868
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:47 pm
Location: Minnesota, USA

Re: More sidechain questions.

Postby Mplay » Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:34 pm

richie43 wrote:Update;

OMG!!! :o :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :D

Need I say more? That is awesome stuff. Thanks Giancarlo. I even applied the preamp patch to things that I didn't expect to be cool, like the Fate PreComp preset.... very cool. And thanks mplay for having the patience to help me through the steps. Very, very cool.


No problem, glad I could help!
Mplay
Member
Member
 
Posts: 275
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:25 am
Location: Willemstad, Curaçao

Re: More sidechain questions.

Postby giancarlo » Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:26 pm

don't miss the export/inport csv feature!
You could edit all your programs at once using microsoft excel or even notepad (less straightforward).... exported csv files could be also sorted, than you could edit categories easily.
When your excel worksheet is fine just export as csv file again, and import in nat. Than "overwrite".

A backup of your existing programs is recommended
User avatar
giancarlo
Founder
Founder
 
Posts: 9210
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:40 pm
Location: Italy

Re: More sidechain questions.

Postby elam » Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:29 pm

giancarlo wrote:don't miss the export/inport csv feature!


Thanks G. that's a very nice feature for new comers or whenever you have to work with a new big library or just to visualize or learn your presets.

I didn't take time to try it yet.I will tomorrow.Just a question I'd like to ask since a while.

Any edits like these that you do in NAT only affect the .n2p files right ?
Do you need to backup you vectors too ?


@mplay.Now I can try to patch the RASS by myself ;)
elam
Vip Member
Vip Member
 
Posts: 425
Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 5:42 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Working with Nebula

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests