More sidechain questions.

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Re: More sidechain questions.

Postby Andrums » Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:30 pm

4KD presets all have External side-chain option
Andrums

Postby faun2500 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:54 pm

I'm confused. Are we talking about the HPF that was added to a lot of compressors but none of the Alex B ones (still waiting).

I guess not.
Forthcoming releases on: Black Heart Label, Hyperdrive and Transfixion. http://soundcloud.com/100mg. 6 FREE Downloads on my soundcloud page. Nebula ALL over these trax!
faun2500
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby barron » Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:40 pm

As far
richie43 wrote:I'm not sure, but I THINK so. My 4KD presets all have a side-chain option. Anyone else?

If I'm not mistaken, the sidechain patches that come with the 4KD utilise the quad-channel technique prior to the latest release - which has the inbuilt HPF sidechain mechanism.
barron
User Level I
User Level I

Postby richie43 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:33 pm

faun2500 wrote:I'm confused. Are we talking about the HPF that was added to a lot of compressors but none of the Alex B ones (still waiting).

I guess not.

Now I'm confused as well...... :?
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby Mplay » Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:13 am

Barron is right, the AlexB programs haven't been patched with the inbuild hpf. I did patch the compressors from the other 3rd party devs a couple of weeks ago, which Giancarlo already uploaded here. If I understand correctly Alex is going to implement it in another way, like he has done with the german mastering dynamics bass cut programs.

Now that the patch has come out, you can patch the high pass filter in your AlexB programs yourself. Also if you couldn't use the AITB patched programs due to the new copyright protection, you should be able to patch them yourself. It's pretty easy, with NAT you can patch multiple programs at once as Giancarlo posted here.

Also the pre-amp patch is wonderful! Being able to drive the input whilst the output is compensated makes it so much easier to hit the program at the right level. Definitely worth setting up. Don't forget to back-up your programs, like the big G says!
Mplay

Postby richie43 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:24 am

Maybe I am just Nat-illiterate, but I consider myself intelligent..... but I have no clue how to apply these patches myself. And yes, I read Giancarlos post about it. I am still waiting for a clear tutorial..... :mrgreen:
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby Mplay » Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:47 am

It was my first time using NAT as well. It's realy as easy as dragging the programs you want patched and pushing the patch button. Before doing a whole bunch simultaneously, Giancarlo recommends to try one program of a library first. The first step would be to make a test program. You'll have to fire up Nebula and select a preset of the library you want patched. In the MAST page change both the preset name and the file name! (click on the name with the mouse and you can type, the file name is a couple of lines below the name on the same page). After renaming the preset, a 'save as' box will appear. Press that :). Now you're ready to patch this new preset in NAT. After confirming it works, you can delete the test preset. Then it's back to NAT, select the programs you want patched from the library, and patch them all at once (or, if you want keep the unpatched programs, you'll have to rename all of the programs you want patched, and patch those, this is a lot more work of course). Done!, repeat these steps for all your libraries and don't forget to backup all your n2p files first!
Last edited by Mplay on Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mplay

Postby richie43 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:51 am

Sounds easy enough. But after I rename and save, how do I apply the patch? Do I drag the patch file Giancarlo uploaded into Nat too? I just don't understand what to do with the 2 patches Giancarlo supplied. I understand the rest, so thanks! I just need to know what to actually do with the patches he supplied us.
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby Mplay » Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:09 am

When you press the patch button, you're asked to select a patch
Mplay

Postby richie43 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:03 am

Thanks mplay! I will give it a try! :D