Login

Nebula AU timeframe? Other issues that press said question.

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Nebula AU timeframe? Other issues that press said question.

Postby greekpeet » Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:21 pm

So I've been working with the wrappers with Nebula for AU for quite some time and while the paid wrapper from fXpansion does work (some what) and the other from Seth at Meowfishies I still haven't found a solid solution for using Nebula as an AU.

This has caused so much operation grief of loading whole projects, and at random Nebula will load a program, but no sound change will occur with the wrapped plugin. I have to completely remove Nebula, reinstate it, pick my program again, and readjust from scratch and THEN it begins to work SOMETIMES.

Also another main headache with the free wrapper is at times is pretty random when I loads a project as far as if the Nebula instance will have delay compensation involved.

Third issue is with Nebula and only Nebula is at random the wrapped plugin disappears from my list, I then have to: exit my audio application, unwrap all my plugins, then rewrap them and then Nebula shows up. This happens after a reboot.

After following all instructions to the T, CUDA has never worked in Logic, and crashes often. I tried for a few days to get it to work and then gave up completely on using my NVIDIA card for verbs.

I find these things greatly limits my ability use Nebula/libraries on a more regular basis.

I have found with projects with a tight deadline I am unable to fully use this program because of all these flaky behaviors, and putting it into full time use is still not an option. I do realize I am an 'early' mac adopter and procured my beta license last October.

Gian you've mentioned you'd have an AU port this summer back in April and I'm curious how this is going? Is development stopped for focus on Nebula Server? I might pick up Reaper as a mix platform simply for Nebula as the VST works fine there.

Let us know how this is going!

Thanks for your hard work.
:)

ps- if this is a "bugs section" post please move it to the appropriate forum.
greekpeet
User Level XI
User Level XI

Re: Nebula AU timeframe? Other issues that press said question.

Postby giancarlo » Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:28 pm

at the moment AU it's the only thing I'm working at. But I'm pretty tired so I'm really slow. The server version is quite ready, it caused a delay but it was necessary (nebula is used more and more by pros, and they need a server solution). For what I know a betatester is using a windows 64 bit nebula server from a wrapped client in logic audio, but it would be better an AU client, he experienced a lot of issues at installation time.

I'm avoiding symbiosis for this exact purpose, I need the full control of the code and bug fixing (I mean, if wrappers are not working properly, a wrapping library maybe it's not the best choice)

Just few questions: there is a vst to au wrapper hosted on google code: did you try it? second question, did you test symbiosis (there are precompiled built-in wrappers)?
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby lordnielson » Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:01 pm

http://code.google.com/p/vstau/downloads/list

This one works better than others I find.
lordnielson

Postby greekpeet » Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:02 pm

Gian,

The vst to au wrapper found on Google is the wrapper I'm using currently and still having some issues as stated above. The fXpansion seems to be working more correctly when it comes to loading and delay comp.

Though fXpansion does not allow automation.
greekpeet
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby Tangible » Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:21 pm

is this coming soon? I switched to Logic and haven't been able to really use Nebula for months....I really want to use it again.

Also, will the commercial version of Mac remain PRO only even when you finish making the au version?
Tangible
User Level 0
User Level 0

Return to Working with Nebula