Login

Definitively stupid

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Re: Definitively stupid

Postby felias » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:52 am

I've got to admit I've not been so lucky as Marc. My attempts keep on failing, and I think I'm gonna give up by now, leaving things as they were, with my NebulaPro working. I'll keep on rendering and bouncing when needed, and when I reload my patient battery, I'll try again.
I have not so much time to spend 4 days installing a plugin (nevermind how good it is), when I should be doing music.
Of course, this doesn't affect my offer, Richie (if you prefer meat and wine, instead of sellfish and cider, we can work it out :D )
Thanks everyone.
felias
User Level I
User Level I

Postby marcpinol » Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:36 pm

felias wrote:I've got to admit I've not been so lucky as Marc. My attempts keep on failing, and I think I'm gonna give up by now, leaving things as they were, with my NebulaPro working. I'll keep on rendering and bouncing when needed, and when I reload my patient battery, I'll try again.
I have not so much time to spend 4 days installing a plugin (nevermind how good it is), when I should be doing music.
Of course, this doesn't affect my offer, Richie (if you prefer meat and wine, instead of sellfish and cider, we can work it out :D )
Thanks everyone.

Well, I'm not so lucky, actually!! Server, or at least the performance with Core3 engine, is nice at the moment. But now CUDA is getting me crazy, when working at 96KHz I can't use one single instance of a reverb (even a 1 kernel one) without having spikes. I'll post a new thread for it, because it's not logic at all... I'm on a i7 2600 with 16GB RAM, so definitely it's not a CPU / memory issue. At 44KHz I had lots of reverbs (five in one project) working fine with CUDA in a project with 30 Nebula Reverb CoreII... Now I just can't do it even with 8 Nebula Reverb Core3.
marcpinol
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Postby richie43 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:15 pm

felias wrote:I've got to admit I've not been so lucky as Marc. My attempts keep on failing, and I think I'm gonna give up by now, leaving things as they were, with my NebulaPro working. I'll keep on rendering and bouncing when needed, and when I reload my patient battery, I'll try again.
Thanks everyone.

Firstly, it won't take long, but if you have lost your patience, that's your call. Secondly, if you follow the steps I laid out, I can almost guarantee you will get it working properly. There is no magic or even luck involved, this is software and it is working well for many people, so I know it is possible. And as far as work-flow and wasting time goes, once you have tools working right, in the long run everything goes faster. but again, your call. Thirdly, I don't do alcohol anymore (I had enough to last a lifetime so I need to save some for the rest of the world!) so we will need to renegotiate your offer some more..... :lol: If you still want to figure this out, let me know. Until then, happy music making!
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby marcpinol » Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:27 pm

richie43 wrote:There is no magic or even luck involved

What? I was expecting magic, dude!

No, seriously :-) I know that sometimes software, and specially Nebula, can give you headaches, but when it's working at 100% it will draw the biggest smile in your face. The worst thing is that when I had Nebula working at 100% I was so masochist to get into CUDA, then to Server... Yeah, I'm that crazy.
marcpinol
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Postby richie43 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:52 pm

There IS magic, of course. The magic sound in your music! I have never tried the whole CUDA thing, that's next on my list. I have addapted my work-flow and don't even notice the rendering of tracks to free up CPU... ah the "rabbit-hole" of nebula...... :roll:
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby felias » Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:03 pm

marcpinol wrote:Thirdly, I don't do alcohol anymore (I had enough to last a lifetime so I need to save some for the rest of the world!) so we will need to renegotiate your offer some more.....

Ok, you win, bread and water, then :)
Regarding Nebula, I'll give it another try tonight. It would be very sad being defeated by a bunch of 0s and 1s.
It would be different with 7s or 8s, those are really strong!!!
felias
User Level I
User Level I

Postby richie43 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:31 pm

I would still love the meat or fish.... and there are plenty of delicious non-alcoholic beverages besides water.... cheapskate. :mrgreen: And the longer I am involved in serious digital audio, the more I am understanding that 0's and 1's are indeed very powerful!
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby felias » Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:22 pm

I've just realized something I had not thought, and if that's the problem, I deserve being hung by my balls until I can sing like a castrati:
Do I need a new license for the server version? I was assuming my NebulaPro license was enough...
richie43 wrote:I would still love the meat or fish....

Once you're in Spain, you shouldn't say that 'cause it can be misunderstood... :lol:
felias
User Level I
User Level I

Postby richie43 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:22 pm

Your pro license should work, but you should run it again. Go back a few posts and find the steps I laid out, follow them all in order and you should be good to go. Thanks for the warning about language mishaps, who knows what could happen if I I express my wants for meat and fish...? :o
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby felias » Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:03 pm

Yesterday, after a dozen new tries, I contacted with support service (no response, yet).
I swear I've done every single step you told me, Richie. I'm almost sure it can't be just me. Nebula3CoreII64 doesn't work with jbridge neither. I've downloaded the evaluation version of Reaper, just in case it could be a Cubase problem, but, ass you may guess, more of nothing...
Let's get back to music. This whole thing has inspired me a new song, so I can't let the chance by.
felias
User Level I
User Level I

PreviousNext

Return to Working with Nebula