Login

Definitively stupid

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Re: Definitively stupid

Postby marcpinol » Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:29 pm

richie43 wrote:When you uninstalled, did it remove the server app in nebulatemprepository? I think that you need to have everything removed. Also check for other nebula installs that may be lurking.

Ok, just restarted the computer and now I can erase the Server folder. Now when I open Nebula in Samplitude i have just one Nebula (I don't see any Nebula Reverb), when I open it says that I'm with Core 3. Finally!

Thanks a lot. I'll be checking more things now, hope is getting easy from now on :-)

EDIT: having problems again. When opening Samplitude everything freezes. When opening Reaper it stays scanning Nebula3CoreII64.dll forever... This is pretty frustrating, sincerely.
marcpinol
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Postby richie43 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:58 pm

I would suggest this; (You may have done some of this, but I would do the whole thing...Sorry! :( )
Uninstall. Make sure the server stuff is gone.
Run CCleaner or something similar. Even it's very light registry cleaner. Don't use some other registry tweaker, if you don't use CCleaner, skip it. Just make sure that it is completely uninstalled.
Reboot.
Reinstall Nebula Pro
Upgrade to server version.
Run your license file that you received from Acustica. It's a little program. Make sure that it is "seeing" your nebulatemprepository in the right location.
Go to the nebulatemprepository, and in the "temp" folder delete all files. If you are nervous about that, remove them and save them to a different location. These files are like the cache.
In the "setups" folder, delete the scanboot file, but nothing else.
Fire up Reaper and load a Nebula instance. It will take a little bit, it needs to rebuild the program "cache".
Make sure that Reaper is looking in the right places for your different vst's, maybe you have installed to a location that Reaper is not looking. I am a Reaper user, so i can help you with that if needed.
Say an audio prayer and try these steps! Let me know.....
I still think that this is a subtle user error. As I said, I have had a trouble free Nebula and Reaper setup for months now, so this is solvable...
Last edited by richie43 on Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby TranscendingMusic » Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:00 pm

Is it possible you opened an actual server version in the daw's? The freezing and/or forever scan suond like an instance of server dll without the proper xml configuration.
mixing | mastering
Win 10 x64 | Sonar Platinum x64 | 3930K(OC)
TranscendingMusic
Expert
Expert

Postby richie43 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:01 pm

For now, using one computer, don't start the server app. Let's just get the regular Nebula instance working!!
richie43
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby TranscendingMusic » Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:02 pm

richie is on the right path here...
mixing | mastering
Win 10 x64 | Sonar Platinum x64 | 3930K(OC)
TranscendingMusic
Expert
Expert

Postby marcpinol » Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:10 pm

Ok, but now when reinstalling Nebula (without installing server yet) I only find the Nebula.dll in my DAW, not the Reverb one. In my VST plugins folder is there, btw.

So strange.
marcpinol
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Postby richie43 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:15 pm

You need to rescan for your vst's and/or reset the paths that it is scanning. If both dll's are in the folder, the problem now is in the DAW. But see if Nebula loads properly first to see if we can move on.... Did you delete those files in the nebulatemprepository? Those steps are very important. Follow the steps I gave you in order.
richie43
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby marcpinol » Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:20 pm

richie43 wrote:You need to rescan for your vst's and/or reset the paths that it is scanning. If both dll's are in the folder, the problem now is in the DAW. But see if Nebula loads properly first to see if we can move on.... Did you delete those files in the nebulatemprepository? Those steps are very important. Follow the steps I gave you in order.

Yeah, that was my fault :-) After re-scanning the DAW loads the 2 Nebulas. Next step is the Server.

So I don't have to open the server in order to have Core3 fully working? I was thinking I had to have it loaded...

Nice to know. And a million of thanks a lot for the help, I'm feeling so noob right now...

EDIT: just reinstalled the Server and now Nebula plugin shows Core3 engine. Phew...
marcpinol
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Postby richie43 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:32 pm

Awesome. yeah, this Nebula stuff is so different than any other digital audio tool. In many ways; usage, sound, setup.... but once you get it figured out and adjust your work-flow expectations (another topic...) you will be amazed at how "deep" your digital audio can be. And I may get disagreed with on this next one, but unless you are running a 32bit host, you do not need to run the server app at all. In fact, I had much worse performance using it than I do using the server version as a regular Nebula instance. I do use Reaper 64bit almost always these days, so I don't need the server app using just 1 computer. I'm happy that you got it all working. happy music making now!
richie43
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby richie43 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:35 pm

Forgot to mention; if you are a Reaper user, it is possible for your 32 and 64bit Reapers to only see the appropriate Nebula, so if you have a project started in 64bit, for instance, and then open it in Reaper 32bit, it will load the same presets in Nebula 32bit instead of bridging. Very slick. let me know if you need that info as well. I learned this from a few super knowledgeable Nebula/Reaper users here on the forum.
richie43
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

PreviousNext

Return to Working with Nebula