Login

Definitively stupid

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Re: Definitively stupid

Postby RJHollins » Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:09 am

not sure I can be of any help ... but ...

I too upgraded from Pro3 to the Server version.

At the moment, though ... I have only 1 computer.
Obviously, the plan is to set up 'server' computers
outside the new control room ... which, BTW, is sounding AWESOME :D ... sorry ... :oops:

I just moved into the room last week ... but in the
meantime, I run the server version JUST like I did with the Pro version ...

My observation ... I seem to be able to install more
instances of Nebula. I think the 'sharing of resources' has had a major impact on what my quad-core PC can now handle.

No doubt ... additional computers will be needed for what I'd like to do ... but for now, the server upgrade was worth it. PLUS ... I want to show my humble support for what I hear using Nebula and the libraries.

Sincerely.
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby richie43 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:30 am

I just remembered that I had the same problem. Check the Server xml file. Find the entries that refer to a server port and server address. For some reason, the xml files for my nebula reverb and nebula didn't have these, so I added them to the xml files, copying them exactly from the server xml. This fixed it for me. See attachment.
Attachments
server xml.png
server xml.png (18.17 KiB) Viewed 491 times
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby Vando » Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:35 am

Has anyone been able to work with x64 Client and x86 Server.
I have been asking about this here:
http://www.acustica-audio.com/forum/ind ... =viewtopic

And yes I agree that the upgrade from NebPro to NebServer is worth it; more instances.
Vando
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby felias » Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:55 am

richie43 wrote:I just remembered that I had the same problem. Check the Server xml file. Find the entries that refer to a server port and server address. For some reason, the xml files for my nebula reverb and nebula didn't have these, so I added them to the xml files, copying them exactly from the server xml. This fixed it for me. See attachment.

Thanks, Richie, I'm almost sure about the problem being there, but as I said before, both server.xml files (Nebula and NebulaReverb) are completely empty, and I've tried the installation several times with same result. Should I copy the text from the regular Nebula .xml and change some settings as those you suggest?
felias
User Level I
User Level I

Postby marcpinol » Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:01 pm

Well, just upgrade to Server :-)

The first problem is that I have now a new Nebula Core II and Nebula Reverb Core II. I just opened the Server app, no Nebula app linked to Server... When I'm opening some Nebula in Samplitude Pro X (64 Bit) everything freezes... :(

The xml of the new Nebula / Nebula Reverb (Core II?) are empty...

Guys, I'm feeling stupid too!
marcpinol
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Postby felias » Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:08 pm

felias wrote:Guys, I'm feeling stupid too!

"You may say I'm a stupid, but I'm not the only one", Lennon dixit.
:lol:
felias
User Level I
User Level I

Postby richie43 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:39 pm

felias wrote:Thanks, Richie, I'm almost sure about the problem being there, but as I said before, both server.xml files (Nebula and NebulaReverb) are completely empty, and I've tried the installation several times with same result. Should I copy the text from the regular Nebula .xml and change some settings as those you suggest?

I don't understand this. What regular Nebula xml do you have to copy to the empty ones? The server version is an upgrade that overwrites the existing pro version installation, so if you have both, you have not installed the server upgrade to the same location as the first install.
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby richie43 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:42 pm

marcpinol wrote:Well, just upgrade to Server :-)

The first problem is that I have now a new Nebula Core II and Nebula Reverb Core II. I just opened the Server app, no Nebula app linked to Server... When I'm opening some Nebula in Samplitude Pro X (64 Bit) everything freezes... :(

The xml of the new Nebula / Nebula Reverb (Core II?) are empty...

Guys, I'm feeling stupid too!

Check out my last post to felias. Is it possible that you didn't upgrade to the same location as the pro install? If you are uninstalling the pro version and just running the server upgrade, then it won't work. The server upgrade is an upgrade to an existing installation, so the first install needs to work and then the upgrade installs over it. Also, try running your license file again, that has fixed a few various issues for me.
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby felias » Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:48 pm

Hi, Richie. I'm not at home now, so I can't check what you're telling me, but as far as I know, Win7 installs by default x64 plugins in different folders that x86 ones. Should I manually install the server in the same folder as the original Nebula was?
felias
User Level I
User Level I

Postby marcpinol » Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:53 pm

Ok, thanks! I'll do a clean install. I think I did something wrong...
marcpinol
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

PreviousNext

Return to Working with Nebula