Login

need help getting Nebula working- SOLVED

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Re: need help getting Nebula working

Postby jdunn » Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:14 pm

dagovitsj wrote:Hi!
Did you remember to right click the .exe file and to choose "Run as Administrator"? Many forget to do that.

Yeah that might be the problem. I'll uninstall and reinstall Nebula after I either get Windows Update fixed on that machine, or upgrade it to Windows 10.
Thanks!
jdunn
User Level 0
User Level 0

Re: need help getting Nebula working- SOLVED

Postby jdunn » Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:46 pm

I think you were right, it was the "run as admin" thing that was the problem. I uninstalled, reinstalled, reauthorized, and it's working!

Now I see how you load presets in the window. The few libraries I put in there are available, good to go.

Thanks again! Glad I gave it another try.

Thanks to Giancarlo and Fabio for getting my authorization happening too.
jdunn
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby RJHollins » Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:28 am

Welcome 8-)

See .... I told ya, when looking back ... not hard at all :lol:
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby jdunn » Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:02 am

Thanks! You were right. Reading about .aut file is what threw me off, 'cause there wasn't one. :P

I think I want to move my VST Plugins folder to an SSD. Can I do that without reinstalling Nebula again? Just edit a text file maybe? I don't want to move the nebula folder, just the vst one. I read somewhere today that vst folder in Program Files is not recommended. This was pertaining to vst folder in general, not Nebula.
jdunn
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby RJHollins » Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:03 am

Question ...

Do you want to move the actual VST plugin [.DLL]

or

do you want to move the Nebula LIBRARY ???

The plugin goes to where you scan for VST's from your DAW.

The Nebula library is the one that get larger as you add more. [particularly the VECTOR files].
[note: which by the way, if you only use certain SampleRates, you can delete the rates you don't use ... saves space].

But first. Be clear what you want to re-locate. Someone else will have to step in with instruction details, as I'm using default locations and not needing to move.
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby jdunn » Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:55 am

I was just thinking of moving the VST folder with the .DLL files. I can't remember where I read that today, but I've never had a problem with plugins in the Program Files directory either. Maybe I should just leave it for now. Would be useful to know though.
jdunn
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby dagovitsj » Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:07 pm

jdunn wrote:I think you were right, it was the "run as admin" thing that was the problem. I uninstalled, reinstalled, reauthorized, and it's working!

Now I see how you load presets in the window. The few libraries I put in there are available, good to go.

Thanks again! Glad I gave it another try.

Thanks to Giancarlo and Fabio for getting my authorization happening too.

Good to hear that it worked out! Entering Nebula-world is a little strange in the beginning, but you'll soon collect bits and pieces of useful info here and there.

I'm not sure if you know about it, but in case you don't: David has made a very useful data base over all the Nebula libs with both linking to the 3rd party developer and a forum thread: http://www.learndigitalaudio.com/nebula-vst-universal-program-explorer

Enjoy Nebula!
|Win 7-64bit | Reaper 4. x64, Cubase 6.5.3., 64 & 32 bit | RAM:16 GB | CPU: Intel Core i5 760@ 2,8 GHz | Samsung SSD 830 (256 GB) | WD: Black harddisks | Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT Graphics Accelerator | Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4 |Nebula 3 Pro |
dagovitsj
Vip Member
Vip Member

Previous

Return to Working with Nebula