Login

Latency, Reaper vs Samplitude

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Re: Latency, Reaper vs Samplitude

Postby Avgatzeblouz » Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:40 pm

jfjer379@gmail.com wrote:like if i want to place the comp after or before for the eq for example when the plugins is already put in

this is not logical either to me as drag and drop dont work, it could be very easy of course

You can drag and drop plugins. Are you using ProX2 ?
Avgatzeblouz
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby jfjer379@gmail.com » Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:38 pm

yep pro x2 latest update,, it works now, it always did hehe, it was piece of cake when i did it in the mixer lol so this was about me being a newbe at Samplitude, and im used to so many DAW`s now
i think its easy to get confused because of that LOL

Samplitude is actually pretty cool :)

next is figuring out the freeze and probably one of the most important thing to me and why i love Reaper so much , and this is the missing piece for me to be able to work with Samplitude at daily basis

If Samplitude cant compete with Reaper in the Freeze it has already lost and im pulling my uad card out of my computer instead

Reaper Freeze is a really strong one and very logical
where Samplitude is not logical at all to me with the freeze
again it can be because im so used to how Reaper does it of cource

when i do a unfreeze
all my processing i did after i did the Freeze disappear
it seems like all my processing after i open a freeze is lost, and i want it to be like Reaper where i can hear all my processing at once in the track i used if i want too

what im i missing here ? :)
i7 5820k • RME • Reaper64 • Win7 64 Pro • Amethyst • Coral • Emerald • Honey • Ivory • LIME • Navy • Pearl • Pink • Pink Comp Bundle • Sand • White2 • Nebula3 Server
jfjer379@gmail.com
Expert
Expert

Postby Avgatzeblouz » Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:52 am

Agreed, that's a tricky one, and you have to work around some limitations compared to REaper, I think. If you unfreeze, you lose all your processing done after freezing, which is a shame. But you can "edit track freeze", which opens a new project with only the unfrozen track. From there you can tweak and save, which will apply the new changes into your original project. You can save it under a different name as well, which will allow you to save different versions of a frozen track, and switch between them by changing the wav file your object is pointing at. You can even cut your object and then have different sections of your track pointing at different frozen wav files.
The real drag is that you can't easily unfreeze with the latter processing you made. To avoid that limitation, I duplicate my frozen track, unfreeze one of the copies, and change the other one to a submix bus. I then route the unfrozen one to that new track. It is a mixture of the limitations and the strenghts of Samp : you lose the processing applied to a frozen track, but you can change a track to an aux, a submix, to whatever, at will, and even accumulate the functions of a track. The best way is to create a submix bus as soon as you want to add further processing to a frozen track, route that frozen track to this submix bus, and apply the processing there. Samp Pro X3 is around the corner, I hope they will find a better way. Good luck in your quest ! I think Samp is the best DAW around, but of course, it is not perfect...
Avgatzeblouz
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby Avgatzeblouz » Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:07 pm

jfjer379@gmail.com wrote:when i do a unfreeze
all my processing i did after i did the Freeze disappear
it seems like all my processing after i open a freeze is lost, and i want it to be like Reaper where i can hear all my processing at once in the track i used if i want too

what im i missing here ? :)

Another thought : start your processing on the objects themselves. When needed, you can freeze those, and then add further processing in the mixer. That way you can unfreeze without losing anything.
Avgatzeblouz
Vip Member
Vip Member

Previous

Return to Working with Nebula