Login

Nebula In VE Pro 5

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Nebula In VE Pro 5

Postby dagmarpiano » Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:49 am

Hello there! I was pleased to find out today that Nebula works in the new VE pro 5 by VSL, where you can send audio from your host DAW out into a remote computer, process it with Nebula then bring it back.

Only trouble is, gee whizz, it seems to add a pretty giant latency. Not sure what, but by ear it seems like its approaching 1 second extra.

Good for mixing, but I was half hoping to get some lush Nebula reverb during tracking. Not at those latencies.

Any idea why the latency for the same sound would have such a higher latency compared to the same thing in the host computer?
dagmarpiano
User Level II
User Level II

Re: Nebula In VE Pro 5

Postby Arne » Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:23 am

I have VE-Pro 5. Most likely the latency is caused by LAN, depending on your Lan card (MB or GB lan), type of cable (CAT 5 or CAT 6) and a lot of other issues. Not sure why you would like to use it for tracking? Also, do you run through a router or do you use direct "crossed" cable?
Arne
User Level XI
User Level XI

Re: Nebula In VE Pro 5

Postby dagmarpiano » Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:39 pm

I did a quick check. There is no latency introduced by a Reflektor convolution reverb using the same method, so it can't be the LAN introducing this latency.

Why would I use it for tracking? Well - the VNXT EMT reverb is so beautifully inspiring that it's nice to hear while composing :) It just about works during tracking when this is on my Mac host, as long as it's the only Nebula plugin.
dagmarpiano
User Level II
User Level II

Return to Working with Nebula