Most current NVIDIA card that will run Nebula within CUDA

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Most current NVIDIA card that will run Nebula within CUDA

Postby purplesausage » Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:14 am

In short, what’s the most current NVIDIA card that anyone’s managed to use to run Nebula on within CUDA in OSX on a Mac Pro?

Apologies, I’m sure this has been asked before, but, despite my best efforts, I find it hard to sift through the forum looking for info on specific things.

I’ve got a mid 2010 Mac Pro running OSX Mavericks, and mix in Pro Tools.

I’d like to buy as up-to-date as possible an NVIDIA GTX card (I’m looking at the GTX 980) to run games in Windows under Boot Camp and run Nebula on within CUDA in OSX.

I don’t want to mix in Windows, as my work flow and software are very much OSX based.

I’m confused as to how recent a version of the CUDA toolkit will run with / is required by the newer cards, and whether this will work with Nebula. The same applies to the Acustica CUDA bridge. Plus I imagine there may be a disparity between what’s officially supported and what can be made to work.

I don’t mind buying an older generation NVIDIA card if the newer ones won’t work and a specific older one will, but I’m hoping to go for as current a card as possible in order that GTA V looks as pretty as possible when I’m gaming!

Thanks in advance for any help on this.
User Level 0
User Level 0

Return to Working with Nebula