Login

Nebula Resetting to INIT in Reaper 5 64 Mac

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Re: Nebula Resetting to INIT in Reaper 5 64 Mac

Postby Support » Mon May 30, 2016 11:14 am

markgalup wrote:Update: I tried trashing prefs in Reaper to no avail. Finally, I tried creating one nebula setup in the standard datapath and everything worked fantastically. When I started the test session in Reaper with one Nebula instance, it even showed me that it was loading the effect in the status message, whereas before it opened super quick as if there was no plugin to load at all.

So after all of my troubleshooting, I concur that the ALTERNATIVE DATAPATH tag in latest Reaper 5 64 for mac is not working on OS X 10.10.5. Bummer but I am so excited to see what I can gain from working with Reaper.

Thanks for all of your suggestions.

Best,
MG

Alternative Data Path isn't relative to a operation system or audio/video host, is XML language, soon as you use a correct XML syntax will work.
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support
http://www.acustica-audio.com
Support
Expert
Expert

Re: Nebula Resetting to INIT in Reaper 5 64 Mac

Postby markgalup » Mon May 30, 2016 2:09 pm

Support wrote:Alternative Data Path isn't relative to a operation system or audio/video host, is XML language, soon as you use a correct XML syntax will work.

Yes I understand this. However, my XML syntax worked properly for use with NYRV Agent and Bluecat Patchwork in Pro Tools 12, and I checked it many times to be sure there weren't silly mistakes. I tried with and without the "/" before Volumes, no change. The only thing I wondered about from my programming background was the fact that I had spaces in my pathname. I wondered if it was necessary to escape them with a "\" or something.

I beleive jfjer got this to work on his mac with Reaper so I'm really not sure why it didn't. If you can offer any more specific advice based on what I just said I would be very appreciative.

MG
Mark Galup
Producer/Engineer/Mixer/Mastering Engineer
ReelRecording.com
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Acustica Audio Dealer for the USA
markgalup

Previous

Return to Working with Nebula